✕ T h e T r u t h B e h i n d T h e L i e ✕

Mark and I lay on the sofa in the living room and watched a film for awhile. It was peaceful. I had my head on Mark's chest feeling it slowly rise and fall.
I heard him silently laugh at something on the TV. I wasn't paying much attention to it to be honest my mind was on a different planet trying to figure out how to bring up the car journey. I still smiled at the sound of him laughing.

I finally plucked up the courage and sat up to face Mark. He paused the film and looked at me.
"You alright Jackaboy?" He said as he carefully moved a bit of my green hair out of my eye.
"Yeh. Just you umm...You said you would tell me why you got me to lie to your mum in the car and you still haven't told me...so yeh..." I said awkwardly as I ran my fingers through my hair.

Mark looked at the fire that was still burning fiercely. The orange of the fire reflected in his chocolate brown eyes turning them into a hot whiskey color. He then turned to me and smiled.

"Well it's a long story. Well not really. I could make it one if I wanted to but I'm not going to. If that's alright with you?" He said to me.
"Looked make it 1 minute short or make it an hour long I don't mind. I just want to know why." I said hoping Mark wouldn't think I was angry with him. I failed at that a little.
He looked at his hands that were intertwined with each other and fiddled his thumbs around with a sad expression on his face.

"Oh well ok then...Basically last year my brother met this girl and they started dating but after only 2 months of dating they thought they were so in love a decided to live together. My mom really didn't approve of that but it didn't stop Tom from living with this girl...and she basically ended up cheating on him in his own bed with some random guy...And since then my mom has kinda been against any of our relationships moving fast..."

Mark stopped and looked at my face.
"Did any of that make any sort of sense to you?" He questioned.
"Yeh. I think. Your mom doesn't approve of fast moving relationships because your brother got cheated on. Is that right?" I asked hoping that that was what he meant.
He looked back at the fire and nodded yes.
"Yeh. I hope you understand why I got you to lie now. I just didn't want her to hate on our relationship or even not like you..." He looked at the fire with a sad expression on his face.

"I'm glad you told me. I feel so much more relieved now that I know." I said hugging Mark. I could feel him smiling as he turned to hug me back.
I really was glad he was honest with me and told me why.

When it reached 11pm we decided to head up stairs because Mark still wanted to make up for making me lie to his mum for him.
"Mark I need to shower first. I feel gross." I laughed as I pathetically tried to stop Mark kissing my neck.
"Mmmhmm nope that's not happening." Mark said as he stopped kissing my neck.
"If you're going for a shower then I'm going with you." He laughed as he stood up from the bed allowing for me to escape out the room. I grabbed my towel and ran out the bedroom.
I heard Mark get up and chase after me, I thought I was safe until I felt him grab me from behind. I let out a shriek as he picked me up.
Mark laughed. "How dare you try to escape me Jackaboy." I laughed as he put me down on the ground and I turned to face him. Still in his grasp.

"Markimoo I'll be 5 minutes tops. I promise." I kissed him on the lips and he let out a sigh.
"Ugh fine. I suppose I can leave you for 5 minutes. But any longer and I'm coming in there as well." He chuckled as he let go of me. When I turned to go back to the bathroom I felt Mark gently kick my butt. I just laughed at the sound of him running back to the bedroom.

As I climbed out the shower I looked in the mirror at the small bruises on my neck from when Mark was kissing me. I silently laughed to myself as I ran my hands over the marks.

"What did I honestly do to deserve Mark? He is the best thing to ever happen to me."
I thought to myself as I wrapped the towel round my waist and walked back to the bedroom.
As I opened the door I expected Mark to be there waited to complain about how I took ages. But instead I was met with the soft snores of a peacefully sleeping Mark.
I quietly shut the door and got changed before crawling into the bed next to Mark, who had luckily not awoken yet.

"Love you Mark." I said kissing his forehead before turning the bedside light off and snuggling into the covers and into the warm arms of Mark.

**Actually kinda like this chapter. One of my favourite ones I've written so far :)
Thank you guys for being so patient with updates just I am currently updating 2 other stories at the same time. Next chapter should come soon though. That's a promise cause I've already started writing it.
Love you guys. Peace Out Peeps xoxo