✕ A t t i t u d e ✕

She looked up at me, her eyes filled with concern but mixed with anger. "Do they know who was driving? Was it Mark?" She finally spoke, her voice was stern.

"No. No, it was Jack. Why?" I said wonderingly. Why would it matter who was driving?

Her eyes went wide as I replied. "Oh, right. So it was because of Jack then?" She responded, her voice still in the same tone as before.

"No, Jack was driving but the accident wasn't because of Jack. He and Mark were crossing the road whilst the light was green for them but it was the truck that crashed into the back of their car that caused it." I defensively replied.

"And how do you know that? Did Jack tell you that? For all you know he could be lying to hide the fact he is a shit driver." Amy replied in an aggressive voice.

"Jeez Amy calm down. I know because when police came to see Jack, he was unconscious so they couldn't question him on what had happened and that's when I asked them what had happened. I had the rights to know because he is in my care, so they told me." I truthfully replied.

"Well then what happened?" the blonde haired girl replied getting more aggressive.

"Well like I said, they were just crossing the road when it was green for them when they were about half way across the road the truck came plowing through the intersection, passers-by say that they witnessed the car with Jack and Mark in it speed up. The police think that Jack had seen the truck heading towards them and tried to go faster to get out of the way of it. The two of them could have been dead if Jack hadn't sped up Amy." I responded in a calming matter, I didn't want Amy to go off and yell at Jack when he had done nothing wrong.

There was a moment of silence before Amy replied to me.

"Do they know if the truck driver survived? He should be thrown in jail for doing that to Mark." She muttered as she stood up from her desk. "What room is he in?" She continued to mutter as she looked at me with a blank expression, not even letting me answer her previous question.

"Jack? He's in room 209. Wait. Amy, please don't yell at Jack, he doesn't need the stress right now! and about the truck driver-" I called out but she didn't respond, she just began to walk down the hallway towards room 209. "Amy, hold up. I'm coming with you!" I yelled after her, regardless of whether or not she could hear me or not.

By the time I caught up to Amy she was already outside Jack's room, but she hadn't entered the room she was stood there looking in through the window at him.

"Amy, to answer your previous question about the truck driver. No. No, he didn't make it. The truck exploded before the paramedics even had a chance to see if he survived the crash." I was silent after, letting the news sink in. Amy never even batted an eye, she just pretended like she couldn't hear me. "Are you okay? You're acting strange now." I stupidly asked.

"He looks so different than when I saw him last. He isn't giving me the evils for once. Y'know, the only reason he didn't like me when we first met was because he thought I was trying to flirt with Mark and that he thought that Mark was flirting with me." She turned and looked at me with a half-smile.

"Oh. That's a shame, he deserved to be thrown in jail. And yeah I'm fine just, just let's go tell Jack about Mark, alright?" She then proceeded to open the door but I grabbed her wrist and pulled her back.

"Maybe I should go in first," I stated then walked into the room with Amy closely behind me.

"Hey, Jack. It's me, Marzia. I have someone here who wants to see you." As I softly spoke I heard Amy sneer behind me.