Chapter 4 *The Wolf Kwami & New Friends*

~Adrien's P.O.V~

"Hey," I said as I approached Marinette and Alya; Nino trailing behind me.

"A-a-a-adrien!" Marinette said with an exaggerated movement of her arms. "H-hi!" she exclaimed, smiling sweetly.

I smile at her endless cuteness... wait, what?... her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"W-wha—" she started but is interrupted by Nino.

"What's up, girls?" he flashed the girls a smile.

I had forgotten he was following and that Alya was there too. 

"Not much, how 'bout you guys?" Alya asked smoothly.

I glanced at Marinette but she turned her head away from me sharply, as if avoiding my eyes. I frowned mentally wondering if I'd done something wrong, feeling slightly pained by her action.

"Well, I wanted to ask you guys something... Could you guys do me a favor?" I asked.

"Y-yeah! Of course! You need what? I mean, favor you need...? I mean—" Marinette started off excitedly but then stumbled on her words causing Alya to intervene.

"We'll help," Alya declared, placing her arm on her best friend's shoulders smiling. 

Marinette giggled gratefully and flashed me one of her adorable smiles.

"Awesome! Thanks, you girls," Nino said before I could reply and I nodded my head in agreement.

"So... could you guys please try to be Elsa's friends? This experience is new to her, you know? Moving to a new place and all... So she doesn't know anyone, let alone have any friends." I said as calmly as possible, hoping they'll agree to lend me a hand (or should I say paw...).

A flicker of... disappointment? sadness?... passed through Marinette's sapphire blue eyes. I think Alya noticed it too because she offered her friend a kind smile.

Then, she turned to me and said, "Sure, we will help. But, let me ask. Why aren't you her friend?" 

I was taken aback at Alya's accusatory tone.

 "Well," I started while scratching the back of my neck nervously, "I don't think she likes me."

The girls looked at me in bewilderment.

"B-but how could she not like you?" Marinette stated matter-of-factly, making my cheeks warm. As realization hit her, she widened her eyes and said, "I mean! You didn't do anything wrong, right? And you... well you're sweet and kind to everyone."

Her statement made me smile and I'm sure my cheeks have also caught up to hers.

"Thanks Mari, but I don't think she feels the same," I answered.

"Well, she will knowing how you're trying to help her, bro!" Nino exclaimed extending his arm for a fist bump which I return.

Alya the said, "Okay, we'll help, but whe—"

She is interrupted by a loud gasp. 

We turned our heads to the source of the sound and find Chloe smirking at the sight of Elsa's hair covered with strawberry juice. 

"That girl," Alya hissed.

"Oops! Sorry didn't see you there," said Chloe sarcastically, still smirking.

"It's okay," Elsa said as she rushed to the bathroom.

"Man, what a witch," Nino says and, surprisingly, Marinette nodded in agreement.