Chapter 14 *An Ally, A Friend*

Orenmanida!
Why I haven't updated: 'cause I'm a lil piece of 💩
So, a little bit of Adrienette for you lovelies! (Pic in the media is not mine, credits go to amazing author!😺)

~Marinette's P.O.V~

"So cool!" Alya kept on babbling as we entered Adrien's majestic limousine, making Elsa giggle.

As soon as the door closed I felt cold air hit my rather pale skin. The cool leather covering the seat sent chills down my spine as my back touched its smooth surface.

Of course a vehicle as luxurious as this will have air conditioning, you dummy.

I glanced over at my best friend, wondering if she felt the same cold that ran down my back. Alya's face brightened as she toyed with some of the buttons found at either side of the car. Rolling my eyes at her childishness, I turned my face front to find Adrien instructing his chauffeur to take us to my place, as I needed to get some watercolors and my sketchpad. Looking over at Elsa, I found her peacefully listening to music, eyes closed.

Guess I'm the only one feeling cold.

Throughout the short journey, I kept rubbing my arms to keep myself warm, earning a weird but concerned look from Adrien.

"Are you okay, Mari? Are you feeling cold?" He asked, sounding a little concern.

I felt my cheeks warm up and my heartbeat accelerate as he looked at me. Swallowing the lump in my throat I said, as calmly and smooth as possible, "I'm okay."

"You seem to be feeling cold. I guess I don't feel cold anymore because I got used to it," he chuckled. "I can open the window for you if you'd like."

"S-sure" I responded.

He unbuckled his seat belt and leaned forward, resting his arm at the side of my head as he did so. He was so unbearably close I could see myself reflected in his breathtaking emerald eyes as I looked at him. So close that I could see every single shade of green in his mesmerizing orbs and that he could hear the incessant beating of my heart. So unbearably close that I could smell the faint scent of fresh cologne in his sun kissed skin.

As he pushed the button that automatically opened the black tinted window, he pulled back. I released a shivering breath I didn't know I'd been holding.

"T-thanks."

He smiled at me and looked outside the window.

Beside me, I could hear Alya snicker with a smirk tugging up her lips. Trying to ignore her, and the warm creeping up my cheeks, I turned my eyes to Elsa, who had a small smile.

Her smile seemed fresh, carefree, almost happy... But not quite, her eyes told a different story. They weren't bright, they didn't shine. Almost as if they had lost their sparkle, a little of her life. Her eyes reminded me a little of Adrien's from the very same day we met. They lacked something.

Maybe she misses her family. It must be difficult for her to leave everything behind; your home, your family, your friends.

She must miss them so much: her mother and father, I heard she had a sister. Maybe I could ask her more about her... no, it must seem rude, we're not even that close.

That was true, we weren't that close. Last week, Alya and I had tried everything to help her open up to us but she didn't comply. We did, however, get to eat lunch together a couple of times. Alya even invited Adrien and Nino to join us. Jack was there too, as we actually became good friends in the short week that--

"We're here!"

My train of thought came to a halt as we'd reached our destination.

"Thanks for the lift, dude," Adrien waved as she exited the vehicle.