Chapter 29 *Secrets and Promises*

*le gorgeous art by huffiestrikes*

***

Soft and cute giggles resonated through each corner of the vast mansion. Warmth forever filling its each corner and area.

The subtle pit pattering of the rain created a lovely melody for the joyant children. Smiles grazing both faces, brightened by the enchanting presence of magic.

"Again, Elsa! Do the magic again!"

Little Anna still couldn't believe her eyes, gleaming snowflakes appeared from her sister's outstretched hand.

Elsa, in the meantime, was delighted by her sister's happiness. And she had to admit, it felt amazing to be able to do that. Though she did feel rather wary about it.

"I know! Let's play some more with your magic, Elsie~"

The latter frowned, "I don't know Anna. It's late and Mama and Papa have already gone to bed... What if we get caught! Or worst, what if Mama finds out—"

"Oh come on, pwease," Anna pouted cutely, knowing her five year old sister wouldn't be able to resist her charms.

"A-Alright, you win," Elsa giggled. "But please don't make that face anymore, I'll die of cuteness!"

And so, the gleaming night was filled with enchantment and delight.

Until it all melted into nothing.

"Mom, I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to do it," the girl sobbed with fear in her eyes. Her breath coming out as white clouds of coldness, forever stroking her pale face that now gleamed with lingering tears.

"Anna, p-please. Forgive me."

***

"But why do you have to go so soon?" The platinum blonde pouted.

Her reflection on the mirror illuminated by a lovely dim light. Her gentle hands on her sister's hair, braiding it the way she did as a little kid.

The girl simply laughed, "I really can't understand you! First, you go crazy at my arrival, almost sending me back in the first flight you could get. And now you want me to stay?! Seriously, this kid!"

"Hey, don't treat me like a child! I'm your older sister," Elsa chuckled, lightly slapping her sister on the forehead. "And that's because I just realized how much I missed you, I feel lonely."

"Aw, quit giving me that face, it's too cute!" Anna laughed as her sister pouted cheekily. "And besides, you're not alone. You have everyone here. Adrienette, Alya, Nino—"

"Did you just called them—"

"Hush, let me continue. You have Ladybug and Chat Noir. And, of course, how could I forget your best friend, Jack, who is totally not your boyfriend..."

"Yah! Will you quit it?" Elsa chuckled in embarrassment.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" Anna laughed. "Though it might be true. You really don't like Jack. As a lover, I mean."

"Finally! I've told y—"

"But what about Frostbite," Anna said slowly, her teasing tone out of her system.

There was an unsettling silence and Anna's eyes slightly rounded as an smile appeared on her face.

"You do~!"

"No, no, no, no," Elsa repeated with an exaggerated movement of her hands. "I don't, really. You just caught me off guard."

"Right," Anna rolled her bright blue eyes. "Just trust me, okay? I won't tell him, I promise. I'm good at keeping secrets!"