Chapter 22 *Aish*

~Third Person's P.O.V~

With a white Carnation, a timid heart, and a soft smile, he made his way through the dense forest. Covered by flowers, under the blazing sun, he regretted beforehand that last encounter, that last look. The boy didn't want to say goodbye. Oddly as it was, he wanted to stay. But he knew he had to keep moving, he had made his promise. 

Upon his arrival, the whistling movement of branches and leaves against the warm summer wind, the excessive silence, had told him. 

She wasn't there.

"Aish," annoyance filled the boy's voice as he harshly ruffled his wild, white locks.

"Still thinking about that, heh?" The petite fox kwami questioned, a pinch of mockery in his voice.

"I just don't get why she wasn't there," Jack huffed. 

"Maybe you just can't get over being rejected," Ahanu rolled his eyes, not taking them off the boy's cell phone. They were currently at Jack's apartment, resting after a long day of school.

"I was not rejected, you lazy fox." Then, he muttered, "Is not like I confessed or anything."

"Ha! See, I told you you liked her," Ahanu exclaimed smugly at the very annoyed boy. 

"No, I don't. Now, quit being such a nuisance and give me my phone." Jack snatched his phone back, checking the time. "We should get going now, I don't want to be late."

The teen referred to the auditions held at the school's yard for the fencing club. Though he wasn't interested in entering, he was going there to cheer for Adrien, who had to once again do the try outs due to a change in the leadership. Once Jack finished putting on his hoodie, he signaled for the flying kwami to hide on its hood.

"You know, if it bothers you that much, why not ask her again?" Ahanu said from the hood, looking down at the boy. "About her not saying goodbye, I mean."

Jack hummed, still troubled, "She already said something had come up that day."

Ahanu sighed, even more confused by his miraculer's behavior, and hid in the blue hood, silently muttering, "Still think you like her."

"Shut it."

***

"En garde. Pret. Allez!"

"Am I late?" Jack panted as he reached his group of friends.

"Just in time, he's next," Alya said as she prepared her camera.

"Are you seriously going to record?" Nino rolled his eyes playfully at the young blogger with a teasing smirk.

"You never know when an ordinary day might transform into a zoooombie attack," Alya said, shaking her arms as if trying to scare us, returning the smirk. Behind her, Marinette with a 'seriously' face, laughed in amusement.

"You seriously are insane," Jack said, letting out a laugh as well.

"Tell me something I don't know," Alya retorted. 

Excited cries and coos interrupted the teens. A group of very excited girls cheered and gushed as Adrien, his wild blond locks shimmering against the sun, walked through the court.

"It better not be about Adrien," Marinette whispered silently to Alya.

"Chill, girl. They're all jut fussing about the new fencing captain," Alya said, motioning to a very attractive boy.  He had light brown hair with tints of glistening blond, blue-grey eyes that sparkled under the sun, and was well built for his age.