Chapter 28 *Awkwardness and knowing*

Third Person's P.O.V

' This was a terrible idea '

Ever since Jack had agreed to accompany the girls on their little tour around the city, Elsa knew it will be a not very comfortable experience. Still, she had tried to look into the bright side. She was with her sister, whom she had missed immensely, and with one of her best friends, who could lighten the mood with a sole smile.

Nevertheless, not one smile from him seemed to make it easier for her. If she were to describe that situation in a word, it would most definitely be 'awkward'. Anna spent most of her breath, which came out as white, foggy clouds, in questioning Jack every way she could. Really, it wasn't questioning, but for Elsa it seemed that way. Not to mention that her sister wasn't one to stop once she'd started talking.

Jack didn't seem to mind, he actually enjoyed talking to Anna, who seemed like one of the brightest and wittiest persons he would ever have the pleasure to meet. She even reminded him of his sister, the way she found it easy to socialize with people. Something, as he took notice, quite different from Elsa.

Elsa, on the other hand, couldn't feel more uncomfortable with the scene, in ways she couldn't even describe. What felt the strangest, and really creeped her out, was how she was comparing the situation as to someone presenting their lover to their family.

Elsa shook her head while slapping her cheek lightly to dismiss such demented idea.

"Are you alright?" Jack chuckled at her weirdness. His blue eyes mirrored the bright lights that decorated the streets of Paris.

"Yeah, I'm fine," though not quite feeling her response, Elsa replied.

"Mhmhh. And Jack, you were telling me that you have a sister?" Anna smiled and continued with her 'interrogation', causing Elsa to groan internally.

"Oh, yes. Her name is Emma," Jack smiled. "Emma Overland."

' Overland... Where have I heard that...' Anna thought when suddenly realization struck her.

" Wait, Overland? As in one of the greatest pilots of our century, Mark Overland?!" Anna exclaimed with wide eyes.

Elsa frowned. She knew Jack's surname was Overland, she just never would have thought him son of Mark Overland, whom she didn't know much about either way.

"Yes," Jack replied with a faint smile.

"Oh," Anna replied shortly, her eyes lowering sadly. "I'm sorry. About your father, I mean. I shouldn't have said--"

Elsa didn't know what she meant by that, but she was shortly answered by Jack himself.

"It's alright. That happened a while ago, and I know dad is flying at greater heights now."

Elsa's heart skipped a silent beat as she understood his quiet words. A deep and piercing feeling of regret invaded her as she realized how little she knew about his past. Having wanted to keep hers away from anyone, she had never really asked Jack much about his childhood our troubles. She was now regretting that.

Silence followed but not for long as Anna decided to lighten the mood.

"So... what's your favorite animal?"

Jack smiled once again, extremely thankful for Anna's way of brightening up a situation.

"Mmmm, I would say in between a fox and a wolf."

"A coyote?" Laughed Elsa.

"Nah, fox or wolf. Oh, and cats, they're really cute," confessed the boy.