Chapter 26 *A story for a story*

Third Person's P.O.V

"Master, master!"

A breathless kwami hovered through the conserved establishment. Elongated halls opened to vintage rooms that were filled with a peaceful aura.

Mr. Fu opened an eye to peek at the very stressed kwami who failed to breathe with normalcy. "Is there something wrong, Wayzz?"

"Something... News," the small turtle huffed, trying to catch his breath as it had been long since he had flown at such rapid speed.

"Well, if it's so urgent to interrupt my meditation, go on," encouraged the old, yet quite energetic, guardian.

"I sensed them, Master. They're back," replied Wayzz in a frustrated attempt of keeping his cool.

Master Fu stood up, not minding to ask who his faithful friend talked about. He knew who he meant, who they were. He walked over to a closet, pulling black wooden doors open. On its inside, classical painting, old, denatured pictures, rough sketches. He selected a pair of pictures with ease, those which reflected a disastrous scene.

Through his eyes it all flashed like those shimmering swords that cut through the wind in a darkened winter. The cries of pain, agony, and hatred of those who had been his friends invaded his hearing. And then, all he could see was red. The reddened snow that covered the asphalt that night of winter and that scarlet red liquid that ran through his hands.

"How?" Asked the guardian in a low and empty voice.

"I-I'm not sure, I just know they're here, I felt it." The turtle then looked down with apologetic eyes, "Actually, it's been long since I sensed it."

Being a guardian, Master Fu had given up on many things, one of them being his liberty. He was not allowed to exit his establishment unless it were to assign a miraculous to its respective holder. He had also long been prohibited of communication with the outside world, and thus, he had never been able to hear the news about the new pair of heroes.

"Must history repeat itself?" He said in a hushed tone, suppressing the coldness that ran through his being.

"Master..."

"A hundred years ago it happened, will it happen again?" Questioned the man to no one in particular while in remembrance of those events that had put and end to his friend's lives.

He had given up on many things, indeed. Not only him, everyone had. Becoming a hero took away the normalcy, the simplicity that made life so beautiful. Becoming a "hero" took away your life. It took away your integrity, your values, love, and replaced them with feelings of desire, selfishness, and a never-ending thirst for power.

That had happened with the previous wolf and fox miraculous holders.

A story of hatred and disgust, of wars and a battle for honor. Destruction. Horror. All product of that sickening desire for power that seemed to appear every hundreds of years. And all for that never ending curse of hatred that lay upon the two.

And so, Master Fu had made sure to separate those two miraculous from the other. Those two flakes of snow fallen from the same sky that had caused so much terror and agony. And he had made sure to keep them that way.

But now they were together

"And, will another Hawkmoth rise a hundred years later?" Continued the demoralized guardian.

"Master! You must not be so negative, I'm sure things will be different now." The kwami looked for the right words to cheer his friend up, "Now we have Ladybug and Chat Noir!"