Twenty-Seven

Blake

I'm sitting here in the bathroom, they blades laid out all around me. Even though I drew ten new strokes on my already filled canvas, they sing to me. Promising a peaceful result. They promise me serenity, even if it last for a few seconds. It's better than nothing.

Just as I'm reaching for the blade to paint again. There is a knock at the door.

"Blake?" Shit. It's Louis.

Can't he leave me be?

"Honey, can I come in?"

"No!" I blurt. "I'm pooping!" I wince. Embarrassment it better than him walking in here, to see a this side of me.

"Oh, um, well. I'll wait out here..." He akwardly replies.

I rush around trying not to make too much noise, someone shitting wouldn't be up and around.

I wipe up the remaining blood and throw the blades in my pocket.

I flush the toilet for the illusion of me finishing up in the bathroom. And brace myself as I open the door.

As promised, Louis is sitting there, sitting on the floor, playing... I don't know. A game? Not the point.

When he sees me he immediately shut his phone off and gestures me too sit in front of him.

I cautiously slide down the wall until my ass lands on the ground and I put my legs criss-cross applesauce.

"I'm sorry." Is the first thing he says.

"For what?"

"For making you relive the past. For forcing you to tell is your story, when you obviously weren't ready. So on behalf of all of us, we're sorry."

I just sat there like an idiot. Never in my life has someone apologized for hurting me. It feels good.

"You probably want to me alone, so I'm just gonna...go." He akwardly leaves me sitting in the hall.

Louis

As I walk away, guilt weighs heavy on my shoulder. God, we suck at this parenting thing, huh. The lads are still in the living room, waiting for me to tell them what happend.

"I just apologized for what happend..." I trailed off, knowing exactly what they want to know, but being too scared to tell them. "But, I couldn't do it, I chickened out. I don't know how she will react to the news."

"I know Lou, none of us like the news, but what we gonna do?" Harry tells me. "We have till we leave Thursday afternoon. That's only 3 days away. We have to tell her." Harry tells me.

"Blake!"