chapter 4

Looking around some more to make sure I was alone, I gently pulled on the front doors of the school. It was unlocked so I made my way inside and gently close the doors behind me. I didn't know where anything was so I just started wandering around. Hoping I wouldn't run into anyone or anything.

Roaming around an empty school was weirdly relaxing. I was surrounded by classrooms and books. I always loved learning but hated school. I mean I am, well, was a college student but I could afford to go back to school, so I was leaving for the army but now it doesn't matter anymore. I was searching each room I could find that was unlocked. I found some more bottles of water and some other stuff that would be useful. I then find the library and was happy. I love reading; I picked up some random books and put them in my bag. I only took four; the rest of my bag was for medical supplies the nurse's office hold and some more food.

Wandering around some more I finally find the nurse's office. I smiled at this; this office was huge and was filled with everything I needed. It held painkillers and anti-bacterial cream and bandages or all sizes; I pack my Nike gym bag till it was almost full. I also needed to find the lunchroom to see if there was any food finding it stocked I filled my bag. I'll need to make a second or third trip to completely clean out the office if need be and the same for the lunchroom kitchen.

After a few more trips, I had cleaned out the school. I put a circle with an X inside it to remind myself that it no longer held anything of use in there. I was around four in the afternoon and I hadn't eaten yet. I know I needed food and I had plenty so I took out two granola bar and a bottle of water and had some lunch. I looked out the window wondering how my friends were doing if some were here or how they were holding up. I still had to go to home depot and do other things but there wasn't enough daylight to do it.

I didn't know if these things slept or were active at night and I didn't want to find out. So, I pulled up my rope and close the window. I wonder around the office moving things around and making more room to lie down on the floor. I needed to become stronger if I will encounter more of those things or in case people broke in and I had to fight someone.

I rolled over and started doing some push-ups. I hated push-ups but I knew if I did them it would help my upper body strength. After doing three sets of ten. I turned to the desk placing my feet securely under it and began to do sit-ups, three sets of ten and I am breathing a little bit hard. And now I needed to run. The fourth floor of the museum was perfect for running because it was a giant circle. So, I ran around there four times breathing harder than before. I hated running more than anything, but I was ok because I started working out like I was in the National Guard, I ran another four laps. After about an hour of working out, I change into some sleepwear and watched the sunset.

I stay up a bit to get some water and food in me. I wanted to look at my notes I had taken before and study them. I had a dry erase board so I wrote down what I had found out and tried to analyze from different angles. I studied anthropology so I couldn't really form something solid but I give it my best shot. I knew some human biology for some of the classes I took but not for a complete understanding of what was going one.

I knew that for anything to invade the human body the immune system would fight back and then you would get better. This is the simplest way to explain it. But for this it just not invading your body it is changing it from the inside out. It was like aids, H.I.V and AIDS is a virus that invades your body and when the white T cells attack it they died. So, when your T-cell count is super low you can die from a simple cold. Which then H.I.V turns into AIDs. Now if I think about this like the H.I.V and AIDs virus, I can then try and make a picture to better understand it some more. If I am looking at it this way I am also if this virus will mutate when it encounters more people.