chapter 17

Waking up was a pain. Riley was cuddling into my side and Jade was on the other side of me and somehow Tabi ended up on top of us. This was like something you see in a T.V show and not experience in real life but I guess since zombie are real anything is possible. So I did what anyone would do in this kind of situation, I shot up and ruin everyone else's sleep. "What the fuck Jackie" whine Riley, Jade bit my side softly as in what the fuck and Tabi well she was knockout. I laugh at them and get up. "Today is a new day and I need to go see the seven and Riley you are going to train with Claire today," I told her. She sighs and gets up. We left Tabi asleep and Jade got up to cuddle her. It was nice to see them get along, it was like Jade was protecting her. Getting ready with Riley I told her some things that she will be doing today but it just mostly what Claire was going to do. I didn't know what her training involved but I bet it was good. I left her in Claire's hands and grab a quick bite to eat and left for the sevens home. This time, I saw the rookies on watch when I left the school.

Today was a nice day. It was March 31st and today was my mother birthday. It's been close to three months since this all happen and we are surviving. Everything seems to be normal and slow. I was out in the open but I only saw a few growlers. You can get by them fast, they have shitty eyesight and hearing. I was getting closer to the seven when I saw a group of people heading towards CVS. I haven't seen a group like that wondering around in awhile, I guess I should go help them. As I got near I hear some of them talking. "Look when need to find a safe place and to help set this guy's leg," said someone. "Hello uh I can help with that," I said. Who I saw was a female with a short haircut wearing dirty clothes. "How can a kid with a gang tattoo help," she said to me. "Well, first off it's not a gang tattoo and I could just show you if you don't trust me," I said to her. She turns to the other, what I counted, nine other people with her. "Alright kid we'll follow you," she said but she didn't look to believe me. I mean I was wearing some ripped jeans and a hoodie with a gun strip onto my tight and a bat on my back wearing a snapback with a tattoo on my neck. So I can see why she wouldn't believe me. I just turn away from them and walked to the school. It wasn't that far it was about sixteen blocks away because this CVS is on 96th street. Twenty minutes later we were at the school. "Open up rookie," I said to Bobby. He did what he was told and I let them in. I radio the four to meet me in the office because we have new people. I didn't get a reply back but I knew they would be there.

Walking through the doors and down the hall, to the office, I had nine people following me. Jade ran up to be and I petted her and Tabi tries to jump onto my side. I just laugh at her and told her to go play with the other kids. She ran off and I open the door to the office. I step in and saw my four plus Riley. She looks tired and Claire look like she wasn't even halfway done. "Alright this is my crew we are the school, I'm the leader Jackie and if you want to know more about it you will talk to the three brothers and Claire has some teaching to do and I need to see the seven," I said. I was going to bother with explaining anything because I really needed to see the seven and tell them what happen to me the other night. I left them in the hand of Jimmy and his brothers and left the school. Half an hour later I was climbing through the window and making my way to the fifth floor to see them. I was walking by the window when I saw Tony throw a notebook to the window and looking absolutely scary. I walked into the door and hear her yelling in Spanish. I could barely understand her but I wanted to know what was going on so I spoke to Tori. "hey like so what's going on?" I ask. "She is made because the result came back well not what she wants" was all she said. I just nodded and may my own over to Stacy and Iris and I just told them to take a sample.

They looked at me with a questioning me. "Look just does it I have something to tell you guys. And I mean all of you" I said and felt the needle go into my arm. I did not like them but yet I have four tattoos. After taking two samples I got everyone there to shut up and listen to what I have to say. "Ok look some shit went down and something happened to me" and so I explain what happened on that night and I showed them the scar on my side and how it heal up. They look at me with hungry eyes wanted to examine me further. I knew this would happen but I wanted to know what the fuck was going on in my body. Stacy wanted to take another sample and add the growler blood to it to study the reaction of it while Tony and Tori wanted to see how my healing process the-the others were just trying to understand what was going on inside my body on a molecular level. After some time I was poked with more needles and ask various questions about how I was feeling when I felt the change taking place. Then came Tony and Tori making small cuts on my index finger taking note of the healing rate. I had four tiny scars on my right index finger and I was getting hungry and tried. I have some more test but that was about my strength and speed then I would be done and make my way back home.