chapter 24

Trying to fight and kept track of Riley was hard. I know she can take care of herself but I was worried. Now I understand her better she was worried about me fighting alone. But I am never alone when I have her in my head. The reason I fight is to protect her and Tabi. but I need to focus on the task at hand. I hear Riley fire more read and I fire some at the freak. We were just fighting nonstop until I was thrown in a car. It always hurts so much to get thrown in a car no matter how many times it happens. I got right back up and took out my machete and started cutting at it. This one wasn't that big but it sure as hell was strong. But it didn't matter to me I was going to win and take Riley home. I got up and push myself to my feet and started after the freak. It was facing Riley making its way to her. Like hell was I going to let that thing anywhere near her. As I reach it I jump onto its back and cut deep into its neck. It started running and swinging its arms to get at me but I wouldn't let go.

Soon it stops moving but to be safe I twisted my machete out of it. I needed to get Riley and myself home, Tabi is probably worried and mad as hell since we're not back yet. I laugh at the thought then was brought back to reality when I heard growls coming from behind me. Fucking shit more growlers to take care of. "Let do this love," I said to Riley. "anytime" she replies back. I just smile and smash in the head of the closest growler. Riley and I took care of them in no time. After the last one was killed Riley and I was cover in the black reddish blood and I couldn't tell you how amazing Riley still look. I just stare at her until she notices and smiles at me. Then gunfire erupted out of nowhere. "What the fuck," I said. "Where is that coming from" Riley asked. I didn't know and I didn't want to find out. Riley and I started walking away until we heard a car coming from somewhere. "What the fuck! Are these fuckers trying to get killed" I said and started walking faster with Riley by my side. Then a bullet goes flying by me and I push Riley to the ground and I cover her with my body. "What the fuck run Riley," I told her. We both got up and ran for it.i stay behind Riley to be her shield because I could heal from a gunshot wound faster than anyone else. I also didn't want her to get hurt. We ran until we reach the end of central park. Fuck we ran to 110th street. Then we heard yelling and shouting.

What the fuck is going on I thought. "Time for the bloodshed!" yelled someone. "Blood, blood, blood" they started to chant. What the hell was wrong with these people. "Hey look at what we got here boys. It's those two chicks that kick Bob's and Frank's asses." said some tall guy. "Hey they kick your ass to Paul," said another. Oh no, what was going on I thought to myself. I pull Riley closer to me looking for a way out. I was looking for a way out while Riley grabs my hand and held on tightly. "Don't worry." I told her and she nodded. "Hey, these two girls gave you problems boys," said a big guy. "Hot damn I want to see that go and fight them," he said. "Alright, boss," they all said. I didn't want to fight but if I have to then I will. The started gather around us and I knew an opening to run was out the question now. Damn this was looking good. Guess we were going to have to fight. But then I felt my skin burn. "What the fuck," I said and then the screaming started. I saw a woman ran out and I saw her body rip itself apart turning into a freak. Damn it I started running to her and took out my machete and plugged it into her head. Not again, I already faced one and I was still healing. When her body stops moving that's when I remove my weapon from her skull and look around and saw that everyone was staring at me. I knew that look anyway. They never saw someone turn into a freak before and I just took it out.

"Still, want to fight," I said in a low tone. They started backing away from me when I lifted my head and showed them my eyes. I could feel my eyes changing. This was something new and I was going to use it to scare them. I didn't know what they looked like but I knew it was scary as shit. I looked over to Riley and all I saw was love in her eyes. She didn't look at me like a monster and I love that. Tabi didn't as well and she is mine. I look back to these people and I saw a lot of growlers coming our way. "Growlers are coming our way fuck," I said. I back away from them and I grab Riley's hand ready to make a run for it. "Alright alright we had a freak here guys, let's kill it and take the girl as a prize," said the big guy. He was in charge and I was going to kill him. No one is going to touch Riley and if they do I'll kill them. "Move when I move" I whisper to her and she nodded back. I started to slowly back up. "Aww is the freak scare," he said. "Take her" and with that, I lost it. I yell and I felt my body burn. I felt something run down my face and I whip it and saw it was red. It was my blood. I guess losing it will make do this but I didn't care. No one was going to touch my Riley and if they did they'll answer to me. Then I felt my skin tingle then hear the howl of a freak.