chapter 27

Sorry for the late update. work has been crazy.

-J

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After returning home and getting check out I was finally ready to leave the nurse office. I was limping around thinking of something to do. But I knew tabi was piss at me and Riley so I thought I was going to spend the day with her. So I went in search of my little lady and find her outside with her new friend playing. The sight was something I haven't seen in a long time for her and it made me happy that she was playing instead of training with me and Claire. I decided to let her play and tired herself out so she wouldn't be so mad at me anymore. I really hated it when she got mad at me because she was always worrying but I understood where she came from. If I were her I would be doing the same but that the same time I'm not sure I would. After watching her and Cameron play I walked up to them and told them its lunch time. They both smile at me but tabi didn't take my held out hand but grab Cameron instead. I laugh and follow them inside to where Kira was cooking up some food.

"Hey, Kira what's cooking love?" I ask her. "Ooh you know whatever I cook," she said and gave the girls their plates of food. I grab mine and follow after the two and sat down with them. After eating and hearing them talk about what their life was like before all of this I told them I would hang out later and I pull tabi into a tight hug. She hugs me back and I smile. I walk off the office and work on some plans to look for more people and build up our way of life living in hell. I was still healing but I wasn't limping as much anymore but I needed to get off my leg so i sat down in my chair and wrote and drew out plans. A few hours later the office door swung open and i saw a cute tabi walk in. "what's up girlie" i ask her. "Nothing much mom just wanted to see you" i smile at her and held my arms open so she could climb into my lap. She was careful not to hurt my leg and then she started asking me questions about what i was doing. I told her i was just writing up plans for finding people and training and how to make our home safer. She just smile. "Mom when you and Riley didn't come back for two days i was so scare that you left me because you didn't want me anymore" she said. I was about to speak when she started up again." but i realize that this world, our world is more scary because of the growlers so I had to stop thinking of the worst but then when i finally hear your voice, i wanted to go see you but you said not to and i got mad and sad again, but then i again realize that you were doing it to protect me so i'm not mad anymore" she said and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back and told her the only way i was ever going to leave her is if i died protecting her. And went back to work with my tabi in my lap. She ask me why i wrote down training is a must for all and i told her if everyone knew how to fight and defend themselves a lot more people would be able to live and more of the undead would be killed.

A few more minutes of working then we heard a knock and Riley came in. "my favorite girls" she said with a smile on her face. Tabi jumps off of me and I got up to kiss her. "Let get some food, I told," Riley said and that grab my hand and we started walking to the lunchroom. Then we heard gunshots coming from outside. I saw Claire and Sara running outside and I went after them. "I'll be back" I yell at them and I saw Riley push tabi and some scare kids into a room. My leg was hurting but I didn't care. I needed to see what was going on and who was shooting at us or who or what we were shooting at.

I made it to the front gate and climb up the tower to see what was going on and that's when I saw the uniform. It was a navy. There were four of them and there were shooting that some growler and my guys were helping them out. "Open the gates" I yell and they rush inside. After closing the gates my guys took care of the rest and I walked up to the tried looking sailors. "What's going on? What is there a wall or were you trap in here just like us?" I question them. "Were trap just like you and the only thing I know is that anyone who tries to leave will get shot on sight and that aid is coming but slowly then we lost connection to the outside" said the female sailor with the last name Dickson said. I looked away piss and wanted to ask them more but they look like they were going to pass out until one did. I quickly told everyone to stand back to check for any bit marks or to know if he truly passes out. I look him over and see no bite marks, he just passes out. "Jimmy takes him to Kelly," I said and he moves to it. "You're all welcome to scare but you gotta turn in your weapons for now until we know more about you," I said to them and they look pissed. "And who the fuck you are," said the guy with the name tag Dowser. "I'm the one who orders the gates to open or you all would've been good to them," I said coldly and walked away. Claire walks to them and took them weapons and show them inside to get some food and where their sailor was.

I walk back inside and limp my way to where Riley was with the kids. I find Sally standing outside when a handgun in her hands. "It's all clear I told her and she nodded. She holstered her weapon and knock on the door to let them know it was safe. "We just saved some people that were fighting growlers and what not it's all good", I told them. Riley came to my side to let me lean on her. My leg was hurting again. I needed to question those sailors more but that would have to wait until tomorrow. I was tried and I wanted to spend time with my girls. And I did just that. Well, Carmon and her brother were with us because Tommy wanted a bedtime story. Soon we were all asleep in our bed and Jade was by my side. I cuddle into her safe fur and fell asleep to the lull of her slow breathing. I didn't dream that night of the past of what I've done. I dreamt of the future I wanted for my family and for the people trying to survive in hell. I wasn't going to stop until we were all safe or die trying.