chapter 9

I had that nightmare again. His dark blue eyes looking at me. His eyes lifeless in an instant by my hands. His blood pouring out of his head to the ground. I wanted it to stop I wanted to stop seeing him! I woke up in a cold sweat. I was breathing hard and notice that the sun was coming up. There was no point to going back to sleep so I just let Tabi sleep on me. After some time I remove myself from her and make my way to the lunchroom. There were 11 of us but now there are 4 more. I was a pretty good cook so I started to make food for everyone. Ten minutes later I was done cooking and people started walking in the room. The all stopped and looked at me. I shrug my shoulder and took out the oatmeal I have made with some bowls and cups for the water. Jimmy came up to me and smile. I gave a small one back and give him a bolw and a cup of water. I mean we have juice but the water was better for you. After making sure everyone had a bowl and something to drink I gave myself some. It was apple flavor and it wasn't that bad. It was warm and sweet. After eating and cleaning up I told them, brothers and Claire, to follow me. We walking to the office and I drew a line on the map showing where the gray walls were and most likely be. I also more the place with the ferries was and BMCC and told them what I was thinking. "Ok, so I have been drawing plans to build walls and towers around the school to make it safer. From both the dead and the living that is like you know fucked up" I said.

They all looked at me and I could tell they were thinking about how we were going to do this. "How are we supposed to move cars without getting the attraction of the tickers," Erin said. "Simple we have to do groups," I said. "We have one group move and one group watch," I said. "Also like to be careful with the car alarms ok," I said. They nodded and we got to work. We rounded up everyone expects Sally and the three kids. I was with Claire and the new girl. Her name was Raven. We were in charge of keeping the infected at bay while the others worked to break into cars and move them into place. She was 18 years old and took a gap year for college and now she is stuck here with us. I told her how to hit them in the head and they are taller kick their knees out or if it's a kid, well shit happens. She looks better than before but nodded. Claire looked at me again and still had the worried look in her eyes but I give her a look saying that I was okay. "Alright let's move out and be at least five to six feet apart and cover the movers," Claire said. "Alright good plan," I said and Raven just nodded. We all walked outside and it was a cool day and the sun was still low in the sky. Since this whole block was a giant school, it was attached to a high school, we were going to make the foundation wrap around the whole thing. I mean it will take a while for us to actually get the foundation set, but now we got more people. Now we can start this project. It was going to take more than a few days maybe a few weeks even a month or so but I think the school will be a safe place for the time being and it's really big and it has a lot of classrooms.

We just need to find more people who didn't have a psychotic breakdown or crazy, evil or messed up. Well I mean I am slightly messed up but hey it comes with the apocalypse right. I mean it only was a few weeks ago that all of this happen and it's now February 1st. It hasn't even been a whole month and we went from 1 to 4 to 5 to 15. Plus the government decided to build a wall around Manhattan to keep us quarantined. I believe that was the dumbest thing that they could have done. I mean yes there are these dead things that we called Growlers and Tickers. There were still people here alive and they just left us. I know me and my crew has it down because we're going to survive this and we're just going to keep fighting to live for today and for tomorrow.

Today we had a plan in mind and that was to partially build the foundation for our walls to keep the dead out and the living trying to kill us if it ever comes to that. Claire, Raven and I got into defensive positions in front of Jimmy, Erin and Zac. They were in charge of moving the cars will Abby and her twin brother Freddy and the skinny emo kid, who's name I don't know yet and the other girl that I found with him yesterday were also moving cars .Victor was climbing the gate to get a vantage point to let us know when any growlers or tickers would come our way. I mean it was the same time and he didn't have glasses on but it's better than not being able to see if you like down in every direction from where we're working at. It was 7 in the morning and the two groups started moving the cars and checking to see if the alarm will sound or not and if it did, Abby knows how to shut it off. She may look like an innocent girl but she knew how to break into a car. Well before all this happened she knew her way around cars, she loves messing with them. While her brother wasn't. He was more of the book smarts guy and she was street smarts.