chapter 26

"Look over Riley right now and do some test now!" I said. "Whoa, Jackie what's up where have you been people are worried sick about you," said Tori. "And what test are you talking about Jackie?" ask her sister Toni. "A blood test and compare it to mine now," I said in a rush. They look at me like I was crazy. I was covered in blood and had a look in my eyes that said I was but I really wasn't. I was just in a rush. "Riley got bit and today is the third day she isn't showing any signs!" I said and that's what got them moving. The took a new blood sample from me and one from Riley to compare it to. They said the test could take a few hours to a few days but they were going to work overtime for it. I thank them and finally let my body relax. I drop to the fall leaning up against a wall for support. The last two now going on three days were crazy as hell. After saving Ken's team we killed a lot of growlers and then ran into a gang and a few freaks along the way. Then Riley gets shot and bitten while I go through another change and beat the life out of a man for hurting the person I love and all the growlers coming out of nowhere. It was just a rush of things.

I didn't get a moment's rest and even still I am on guard and ready to fight anyone and anything that dares harm Riley and the people I care about. Even with the seven and everyone focus, I couldn't calm down. My body was still burning but I felt like I was still human. My body wasn't burning to the point where I was stronger and where my eyes change color. I needed to relax and regain control over myself not just for me but for everyone else around me. I needed to do what Claire taught me and that was to breath and relaxes. So I did just that and after a few minutes my body was starting to cool down and I was started to feel like myself again. I continue doing this until I was fully in control. Then that when my body slightly shut down on me. After two days of non-stop action and rush and fully calming down my body was starting to break down a bit. I started to feel the pain of the last two days and the tiredness of it as well. I needed to rest but I also wanted to there for Riley, I wasn't going to leave her with the seven because we still didn't know what was going to happen to her yet.

I wanted to think that this was all some kind of sick dream but it wasn't. It wasn't some kind of dream or nightmare because this was all too fucking real. I just wanted to buy some books and continue my life but then the dead decided to come back and kill everyone. And now I am here with the person I love but would have never met if it wasn't for this damn outbreak. I needed to radio Claire and tell her to come over and leave the brothers in charge but I think Tabi is going to try to have her way and come but I won't allow that. She is too young to go outside the walls. I needed to know if Riley was going to be okay but before I could get up I felt a pair of hands push me back down. I look up and saw Riley pushing me back down to the floor. "Don't get up you loser you need to rest and you also have a stab wound." She told me and I look down and see that she is in fact right. I didn't even know I got stabbed. I wanted to ask if she was OK but she put her finger on my mouth to keep me quite. I look at her and ask the question I wanted to ask in my eyes. She just smiles and sat down next to me. "I'll tell you later first rest, we both need it." She said and I agreed with her.

We both woke up to Tori and Stacey yelling at each other. Their accents were coming out strong until Tori started yelling in Spanish. I groan but woke up anyway. Riley was facing the wall and started to stir awake as well. She mutters what's going and I didn't know. "Tori and Stacy are fighting," I told her and got up. I walked over to where they were fighting and pick up Stacy and she stops talking. "What the fuck Jackie," she said to me and I didn't say anything. I didn't ask what's going on but I just look at them until one of them answer. "Ugh, I hate it when you do that look! And we were talking about the tests we were going to do on Riley today and we got some results back but we didn't know if we should tell you until we are all done" said Stacy. I was about to say something until Riley said "do you test and when your finish tell me what you know" and left it at that. I wanted to know but it wasn't my choice or right to ask for answers it was all Riley's choice and so I will sit and wait.