chapter 28

contains a small sex scene.

Dammit, we can't let her get away we need to study subject zero! I thought to myself. I needed to come up with a plan and fast. I pace my office damn I need to think before anyone understands this. That's it, that's my plan I will send in our special forces to capture and bring her to me so we can study her then applied it to our troops. Our troops would be unstoppable with this. I just needed a sign-off from the chief of staff. I left my office in search of that man.

I woke up to a Jade cuddling into me and a loud Tabi. I groan out and throw a pillow at her to shut her up. She just laughs and jumps on me. I groan in some pain and try to catch my breath. "What the fuck Tabi," I said in a low voice. "Get up mommy and time to train!" she yelled. I felt Jade get up and huff out in annoyance. I wanted to do the same until I felt a pair of soft lips on mine. I smile and open my eyes to see Riley smiling down at me. "You promise her to train when you can baby so get up and train after you eat," she said. "Yes Riley I'll be up in a second," I told her and got up. I change clothes and wash up. Tabi grabs my hand and we made our way to the lunchroom to get some food. After eating some food, Tabi and I went to the weapons room to get her bat. It was a nice day so I told her we would be training outside. We went outside and the sun was shining brightly. I told Tabi that we were going to run and do our normal routine and she nodded. We ran about ten laps before she could anymore and we did our pushups and sit up and she pushes past her limit. I was proud of her for growing stronger every day. We did some pull-ups and some yoga moves.

After that, I told her that we were going to do some hand to hand combat. I know that she was training with this because Claire told me about how she would train her sometimes. I ask her to show me what she learned from Claire and she did. She knows how to throw a punch and how to do it the right way so she doesn't break her hand. I ask her to show me some of her moves if she had any. She laughs and said watch this and throw the one-two in boxing and some uppercuts. I clap my hands but told her not everyone fights like that. She asks me what I meant so I showed her. I picture myself fighting someone and close my eyes. I put my hands up and took a fighting stance. I breathe in and out and throw some punches. I did what Tabi did but throw in a ¾ uppercut and some kicks. It wasn't anything but I just wanted to show her that not everything she will fight will be a growler or a ticker, there were going to be some people that wish bad on her. When I was done she looked like she wanted to try. So I showed her how to kick. Then after some more hand to hand combat I told her it was time to use her bat. I wasn't going to let her hit me with it because even for a little kid she had one hell of a swing and it hurt.

I let her swing at me but I dodged every one. She made have a great swing but she was still just a kid, but she was a kid trying to live in hell just like me. I was lost in thought when I felt her bat connect with my side. I let out as a gasp for the small amount of pain I felt. I smile at her and told her good job. I told her to take a break some we can eat and she nodded happily. We went into the lunchroom when I saw Jimmy and Victor head out. "Hold up guys where are you going?" I ask them. "Some air drops are nearby and we were going to head out in groups to get them," said Jimmy. "Alright be safe," I said and watch them walk out. I wanted to go with them but I was still healing. I still limp a bit but not as much and I can put all my weight on it but I still wasn't clear by Kelly or Riley to go. I sigh and listen to Tabi talk about how much she wanted to go out and fight but knew she couldn't until she was older, but then she changes the topic and talks about Cameron. I laugh at her and tease her for her crush but she didn't understand it and I told her I would explain it when she was a bit older. I find it cute. After we ate I told her we are going to practice how to hold a weapon. She got super excited and I told her to calm down or we wouldn't do it. She calms down and I took her to the weapons room.