chapter 21

After leaving the guys to work on the plans for the trade routes with Lucy and Ken. I walked to the room I shared with my family. I told them how I fought the freak and how people cheered for me after winning. I told Tabi I saw a toy store while I was coming home and that I would get her and the other kids stuff to play with and she smiles up at me. I felt Riley squeeze my hand and I squeeze her back. We enter our room and I slowly lower myself down so I wouldn't hurt my side anymore then it did. As soon as I sat down Jade came running to me and jump on me. I groan out in pain while my big goofy dog just licked my face. I wanted to laugh at her but I was in pain. I push her off and kiss her. She was my big goofy dog. She was now a few months old and I wanted to find her a friend. I petted her head and looked up to Riley who just looks lovingly at Jade. she loved her just as much as I did and it was amazing. I felt something inside me warm up. I can't explain it but it makes me happy. I want to get undress but moan out in pain when I tried to lift my shirt up. Riley looked at me and went to help me.

I slowly raise my left arm so I wouldn't hurt my side anymore and she helped pull the shirt over my head. I didn't want to put on another shirt so I just laid down in my sports bra. I saw Riley staring at my mine flat and toned stomach. When I caught her staring at me I wink at her causing her to blush and look away. I laugh a bit and pulled her close. She smiled at me and I smiled back then I looked over to Tabi he was standing there looking at us. I mentioned her to come over so she can cuddle with us. Tabi smile and carefully crawl over so she wouldn't hurt me side. I pull her close and put her in the middle of Riley and I. I kiss her head and told her I was going to sing my favorite song to her. I could sing a bit but I wasn't the best. She smiles at me and waiting for me to start. I was thinking of something to sing when I just started Can't help falling in love cover by twenty-one pilots.

Wise man say

Only fools rush in

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you?

I look at Tabi. She was smiling at me and I look at Riley who I saw knew this song.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so we go

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

Then Riley started humming and backing me up as I continue to sing. This was one of my favorite covers to sing. So I sang it to my favorite girls.

Like a river flows

Surely to the sea

Darling, so we go

Some things were meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

But I can't help falling in love with you

I finish the song and Tabi look happy and tied. She asks me to sing it again so I did as she started to fall asleep. Her eyes closed just I a sang the last word and she was off to sleep. I felt Riley hand in mine and I smile at her. I didn't know what I was feeling but all I could say that it was making me feel warm and happy inside. It felt like my heart was singing and I just let it. I started to feel sleep overcome me and I let it take me. I dream of Riley and her smile.