chapter 19

Hi, I just wanted to thank the people who gave this a chance and read it. It means the world to me that you guys are enjoying this because I enjoy writing this. So thank you all so much.

-j

____________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up hungry and Tabi was up and ready to train. I smile at her and saw Riley getting ready as well. I guess today was training day for all of us. I got up to get ready as well. Today was going to be a long day but I was looking forward to it. Today I was going to train Tabi again and add another lap to build up her running endurance work on her swing. Then after that, i was going to test my limits with Claire again. Oh damn, Claire is hot as fuck. I mean I don't have to think of her that way but she saw me staring at her so I guess she was used to it. I wonder if Sally knows. She is scary as shit. Oh no, what if Claire told her. I'm so done for. But for now, I just needed to eat and train Tabi. after eating Tabi and I went outside. It was April 1st, but it wasn't any time to be a fool on this day in our world. "Alright we are running six laps today," I told Tabi and I saw her pout but she started running anyway. I laugh at her but keep in pace with her. After running we did sit ups, push ups and I thought I should do at least one pull-up. But the time we were doing I told her we were going to work on attacking. She looks happy at that. "Alright you going to try and attack me by doing this I can see how strong you are and how you will take down a growler or ticker," I told her but she had a hint of worry in her eyes. "Don't worry kid I'm going to be fine you can't hurt me," I said and smiled at her.

With a quick resolve, she came at me. I dodge and side stepped her swings. She wasn't that powerful but she was fast. A hit landed sometimes but I would easily grab the bat or block it. After some time I told her to try and get me down. She didn't understand what I meant so I show her. I stepped up to her moved my leg behind her and push her down. She landed on her back and looked up at me. "That's one way to take someone down," I told her and helped her back up. I show her some other ways of taking down someone then I let her try them on me. First, I let her do a few practice tries before we were going to do the real thing. By that I mean me coming at her and trying to attack her. I didn't push her hard but I didn't want to go easy on her. This was training for the world outside the walls. I mean I wasn't going to send her out there until she was sixteen but we could train and fight and to get her ready.

I attack her with different moves and moving around. I take her down but every once and awhile she would take me down and when she did I was proud. After a few more rounds I ended it and told her to go eat. She did want she was told and we went inside to eat. Then when that was over I was thrown over the shoulders of Claire. "What the fuck," I said to her. "It's time to really push your limits," Claire said. Damn it I was going to get it. "But I was training Tabi," I said " Riley is going to take care of that now, I saw you run that kid to the ground. Good job, by the way, it will make her a great fighter one day but now I'm going to turn you into a better fighter and a better teacher for Tabi" said Claire with a smile. If that smile didn't scare me more then the undead then I am going to dead today. Claire drop me on the gym floor. "We aren't to be training outside because we are going to test your zombie state," she said.i looked at her and thought about it. I didn't know my limit and I didn't know my strength. All I know is that when I hear of I feel this sensation then my body starts to grow hot. Then I go a bit crazy in fighting them.

"Today we are going to try and understand this and control it" I nodded then she came at me fast. I didn't have time to think when I felt her fist hit my jaw and her other fist hitting me in the gut. I double over and saw her knee and got hit square in the face by it. I fall to the floor in pain. But got back up and took it. I block and did my best to dodge her but she was fast and good on her feet. She got my down in a matter seconds and pin me to the floor. ":you're not trying Jackie" she yells at me. I didn't say anything back because she punches me in the gut knocking the wind out of me. I felt my body get hot but not in the same way. I was getting mad because Claire was a better fighter but didn't give me a chance to fight back. Each punch and kick were hard but I could feel myself healing. Then she said something that triggers my body to get hot. " Riley and Tabi are going to die because you're so weak!" she yelled at me and I felt my body grow hot. And I went at her. I throw punches and some of them landed but not all of them. "Control it Jackie" she yell " don't let it control you," she told me. And I fought hard to control it but I was losing that fight with myself.