chapter 14

I just sat there outside in the rain. Thinking to myself what this could mean. This could mean everything and nothing at all. I just sat there looking at my injured arm wondering what in the fuck was going on. I mean Allen was bitten and then something in him change and turn him into that freak. Is that going to happen to me? Holy fuck! I can't be around people if that happens! I can't be around Tabi or Jade, I wouldn't, couldn't hurt them. I have to stay away from everyone, but I just save someone. What am I going to do?

Before I could even finish my internal rant I hear a whimper of pain coming from the room where I place the girl. I went to go check on her to see if she was okay. When I walked into the room I smelt something, it was something I couldn't place but it smelt good. That's when I realize she was bleeding. Did I just say that it smelt good?! What is going on inside of me that is telling me this is good? This is bad! But I just can't leave her here like this. For my better judgement I go find something to clean and wrap the wound she had. It didn't look deep or that bad but I could tell she was hurting all over. Those guys really did a number on her and I am glad I beat the shit out of them. No one is to hurt her ever! Wait why am I thinking like this? I don't even know her but something in me is telling me to know her and to stay. I know it wasn't because I was bitten, but I can feel that it just goes deeper than that, like I can feel it in my heart. I left the room to go sit outside again. The rain wasn't coming down as hard and it relaxed me, I smelt the blood again that was on my hand and put my hand closer to my mouth to see what would happen. But nothing did happen. It was like the smell was good but it didn't make my mouth water for the taste of it but I still needed to prove to myself that it wouldn't taste good. So I licked my hand and was relieved when the blood only tasted of iron and not good.

After a while of sitting outside I went back into find something to eat. I wasn't really hungry but I have a feeling that when she wakes up she will be. After what she been thought and how light she was too carried, I bet she needed a lot of food. After looking around the kitchen I find some cans of food. It was mostly soup and beans, it was the end of the world and I am glad it wasn't dog food and I have a feeling she wouldn't care what she would eat anything. After preparing the food the best I can I went to go wake her up. But before I could open the door it was push hard and slam into my face and she ran out of the room. "Holy shit that hurt, wait I am not going to hurt her" I yell after her. She stops when she hears my voice. "You're not of them" she stutters in a weak voice. "One of whom?" I ask. Before I could get an answer she passed out. I wanted to know what she meant but I also had to warn everyone. "Guys we may have a problem" I spoke into the walkie. "Jackie you're alive holy shit never do that again" yell Jimmy. "What's that problem "said Lucy. "I don't know but I save someone who was going to get raped or something and she woke up slam a door into my face and pass out but before she passed out she said I wasn't one of them and when I ask she passed out" I told them. I wait for reply thinking to myself. We are in hell and people are dying and we are facing the dead, now we have to worry about people killing us or other stuff in that matter. I just wanted to take a break but I couldn't. "We need to come together and have a meeting to talk about this" said Ken. I agree with them and told them that in two weeks' time we will have a meeting.

A few minutes later she woke up and looks around. I was sitting next to her and held my hand ups letting her know that I was a friendly and didn't want to get hit again. She just looked at me and I pointed to the nightstand where the cans of food was, well the leftover food that I didn't drop. "Hey look it's okay see I'm not going to do anything I just need to know that you are okay" I told her in a gentle voice. She looked at me again trying to understand me but I just pointed to the food again. She looks at the food then at me again and slowly reaches out for the can that was there. I was right she was hungry; she ate the whole thing and went for the second one. I just watch her as she ate. Before I drop the food I had eight cans now there was only five left. I wasn't really hungry so I let her eat all five cans. I just watch her and waited until she was finished to ask her question. After a few more minutes of her eating and me just waiting she was done. "So uh what's your name and who were those guys?" I ask her. She took a moment to compose herself before she spoke. "My name is Riley and those guys were part of some group are from a street gang, they all use to be the blood and the LKs but the group up I guess to run the streets" she said. Great we are dueling with gangsters now in hell. I couldn't believe this was happening. After everything that happening in 24 hours, when can I catch my breath? I wanted to ask her more question but I didn't know what to ask. "So uh thanks for saving me, I mean you didn't have to but thank you" she said. "No problem, so tell me about you" wow that was lame. "Well you already know my name, I am nineteen, and I live here in the city and was on my way to hang out when all of this happen, I wish this was a dream but it isn't" she said. "I know how you feel but this is our world now and I hate it but I need you to rest so we can travel to where it's safe" I told her. She just nodded her head yes and was going to go back to sleep. I didn't feel tired or hungry but I force myself to sleep.