chapter 29

After telling everyone what Hicks try to do we all agree to never trust anyone that the government sends our way. I left Hickes gear with the seven because they had a person who understands the radios and laptop he had. I didn't want to think of the man I just killed. I didn't want to think of the way he shot Claire in the back or the smug look on his face. I hated this and I hated that our leaders tried to do. Well if they wanted me there were going to have to send more people because the only way they're going to get me is if I am no longer breathing. I was pissed off and I didn't want to snap at anyone so I went up to the rooftop to look up into the night sky and breath. I needed to release this anger inside and breathe. After some time I was calm again but I didn't want to go back inside.it was a calming night, no sound no nothing. It was peaceful. I saw the stars and the moon and wish that everything was normal but then again everything happens for a reason. But for whatever reason, this was happening I bet it was a fucked up one. But I couldn't let those thoughts consume me. I needed to stay clear-headed and help us survive. To live another day. No one was going to take me and if they did I would end them.

After a while, I went to the seven and ask them if they were ok. They were. Then I went to the Navy guys and ask them if they can help out with training and putting together Hickes gear. They agree to help me and I told them the rules of this place and where everything was. As I was talking to then I get a message from Lucy to meet with her right away. "I have to go find Jimmy he has Hickes gear and gets it working please," I said to them and I made my way to the office to get my gear together. "Hey, Riley Lucy needs me," I told her. "Alright, you need some backup or your good," she asks me. "If I need back up I'll call love you," I said and kiss her. I made my way to the gate and Sarah and Claire were on watch. They open up the gate and I took off to BMCC. I didn't waste anything in getting there. With my speed, I got there in ten minutes flat. I didn't stop them at the gate because they knew who I was. I made it quickly up the stairs to where Lucy was. "Oh thank the skies you're here Jackie I got some news for you that you won't like," she said, "what's good lucy tell me," I ask her. "It's ken I went out to the ferries a few days ago and I heard him talking to someone but it wasn't from within the walls I know this because he is working with the army. He brought me there to tell me that. He cut a deal with them to save his people and mine if we kill you and all of yours" she told me. "What the fuck" I yelled. How could he be so dumb to think this would work or even happen.

"We can't let him people will die not just mine but all of us," I told her. "I know they are lying and it seems like Ken has gone mad," she said. "When I went there his people look sick and dying, I try to ask them what was wrong but they would get scared and run away," she said. "Oh my fuck this isn't good," I said. "It's not and I don't know what to do," said Lucy. "leave it to me I think I got an idea" but what I didn't tell her that it will involve killing Ken. "I'm going to him back and tell my co-leaders about this," I said and left. I heard a faint be careful and I left at full speed back home. As soon as I saw the gate I slowed down to a walk, I was burning off the food I ate fast and I was going to burn myself out. I was two blocks away when I heard the sound of a car off to my right. Then I saw a jeep speeding towards me and I jumped out the way. "Get her" I heard someone yell. I got up and ran to the gate. Then I felt something hit my back. I didn't cry out in pain, as soon as the gates open I fell into them but the jeep was still coming. I was in pain then I heard his voice. "Bitch your mine now and if you try anything I kill her." and I look up and saw Lucy tied up crying. I got mad. No, I got beyond mad I felt my rage build up inside. I got up and walk out the gate. "Jackie was are you doing," said a piss off Claire. "I got this," I said in a low tone. She knew I was pissed and didn't say anything more. I felt the bullet that I was hit with getting push out of my body. I told them to close the gate. I felt my body getting hot I knew my eyes changed color. But something that hasn't happen in a long time was happening now. My teeth started to poke out of my mouth and I let my rage took control of me. I felt my body getting stronger with each stepped I took. "Release her and I'm yours," I said with a growl. And with that he let Lucy go and I nodded at her and she ran to the gate. I waiting until she was safely inside before I let my rage loose on him and his men.

As soon as I hear the gate close, I heard Lucy voice in my heightened state. : kick his motherfucking ass" she said and I was. "Come on freak," said guy number one. In one swift moment, I took my pocket knife and stab him in the heart and twist my blade. I look into his eyes as I see the pain in his. He drops to the ground coughing up blood and in pain. I step over his body and guy number two try to hit me with a crowbar. I grab it from his hands and bash his face in with it. The third guy shoots me. I didn't feel the bullet enter my body. He shot me again and I still do not feel a thing. When I got close enough I took out another knife and slash his throat. He was gone in seconds. Then I look up and saw Ken. he was in the Jeep. I wasn't going to let him get away. He was going to kill everyone I loved and he hurt a close friend. I thought I could trust him but in reality, he was a madman, a sellout and he was going to pay for it.

I didn't say anything, he just tries to hit me with the jeep but I move out of the way. After some time he was attacking some growlers and tickers. They didn't attack me, maybe it was because I smelled like a freak. He hit the dead and a body got caught under the wheels and he lost control of the jeep and slam into a street lamp. I walked to him. He stumbles out of the jeep trying to limp away from me. "You try to kill me and my people because you thought the government was going to help you, but they won't, your time has come," I said and reach out to grab him.

I throw him into a wall and took out my M9. "I just wanted out of this damn wall" he shouted, and I laugh because there was nowhere for us to get out because they were going to take us. He was going to say something again but his voice was stated to annoying me so I put a bullet between his eyes. It was done. No one was going to get me and if they try they end up like Ken and Hickes, dead and gone.