chapter 16

May contain a trigger.

After the stunt Will pull yesterday I told everyone to look out for people like that if they ever meet anyone. It was fucked up but I had a job to do. I look at Claire and she followed me."Look this is what happen, he tried to take control and aim his weapon at the growler and shot it, then tried to aim at me but he attracted more and tried to fight them off and I yelled run he didn't listen got surround and bitten then Bobby shot him and that's it" I said. She looks at me and understood, "I'll go talk to Bobby to see if he is all good" she said and I nodded at she left. Today was a slow day in a sense. There wasn't much to do in a city with the undead walking around. I mean you could read all day and build but after awhile you tend to want something new to happen. Not in something bad but something good. I wasn't in the mood to stay at the school all day. "Hey, sally I'm going out alone for a while be back soon" I radio her. "You better not pull any shit or I'll find you," she said in a calm voice. Damn, she is scary when she cares. I went to go find Tabi to tell her I was going out just to go out and that I would be back soon.

After telling her I was leaving I bump into Riley. She smiles at me and I gave an awkward smile back. Why am I so awkward? "Where are you going" she ask me."out just can't stay in too long it will drive me crazy and maybe raid a bookstore," I told her. She just smiles and asks if she could come along. I don't see the problem with that and this was a chance to get to know her. After gearing up and finding her a blunt object to use and a pistol we walked to the gate and waiting for it to be open. We when left the school I stay quite and so did Riley. It was awkward silence it was a quite nice one. It was like we didn't need to talk to be good in each other's company. I don't know why but I really like it. I wasn't a person much for spending time with anyone. I just like being by myself with my music and a good book to read but now my world changed and I was thrown into hell but it wasn't just me it was everyone is this city. It was the native new yorkers, to foringer the new people on the block who were all feeling like this. I was alone from the start trying to save women I didn't know to becoming a leader with a group of people that I can be close with.

We were walking down central park west when I decided to go the-the east side. I stop walking and just pointed out to the park to let her know we were going to walk through the park. It was a nice March day so why not. As we enter the park I notice some of the trees had green bulbs on them. It was getting ready for spring and for some reason that spark something inside of me. I really couldn't put my finger on it but I didn't really care. We were nearing the water when we both decided to just sit down on the grass looking over it. It was so still and quiet that this didn't look like my city anymore. As we were sitting I look up at the sky watching the clouds go by with no care in the world. "Jackie what were you like before you got the tattoo on your neck" Riley ask me." I was a bit a loner type, I mean I had few people I called my friends but I don't know if there alive or not, and I never really had a family before, so in a weird way I made friends and gotten a small weird family out of this," I said. Riley hums her response and we continue looking out over the water. "What were you like before all this happen?" I ask her. " I was a nerd. I was good in school but I was a weird nerd. I was like outgoing and good at sports but I was in ap classes so no one really knew how to deal with me until I left for school. I got a full ride at UCLA for basketball, it was winter break so I decided to come home and now I'm here with you and I'm fine with that" she said. She looks over to me and gave me a warm smile. I blush at her and smile back. I didn't mean to blush.

After a few more minutes of us just sitting down, we got up and made our way to the west side. There was a Barnes and Nobles on 86th street. As we continue to walk we passed my second favorite place in the city. That was the metropolitan museum of art. I wanted to go in and explore the world of art but I also wanted to go into Barnes and Nobles. "So do you like art," Riley ask me. I look at her and laugh. "I fucking love art so much, like all forms of it". She just smiles at me and I smile back. Her smile was beautiful. They way it reached her eyes made me melt. Woah what is with me, I know I'm gay but I never felt like this since I got my heart ripped out two years ago. We were nearing the bookstore and I was getting giddy. I love reading and the smell of books so much. Riley notices this and laughs at me. I gave her a look and she just laughs a bit more. After giving her all of my looks I give up and smile at her. She rushes to the door and opens "after you shorty" she said. I step up to her and slap the back of her head. She just smiles and we walked inside the store. This Barnes and Nobles were underground because there were apartments on top.