chapter 13

After my dangerous mission for getting the samples for the seven I decided to stay the night and after that one night I left. I just wanted to wander around New York City, my city a bit more before finding people. If I find any people on the way to the school I'd send them that way or have them follow me to the BMCC campus then turn that into a settlement just like the school but not be the leader of that one, just to help other people survive. I mean these people turned 3 Staten Island ferries into floating homes. Then I turned a regular school into a base of operations and into a home. Turning this campus can help more people but I'll have it under a different leadership because I can barely handle my own without feeling the pressure. Just for right now I needed to find people who didn't have anywhere to go to have a place to call their own but I do need to find someone to be their leader. I need to find someone that was trustworthy and to be my equal. I need to know that I can count on them when I'm in trouble and that they can count on me when they're in trouble as well. It's a back-and-forth that kind of thing, that's what we need we just don't need selfishness and people wanting and willing to survive this even if tomorrow may never come and even if we never make it out of the city. All I know is that this city was our home before this all happen and we will make it our home still even ifs it's in hell.

With the undead running around in gang bangers causing mischief and mayhem from the short but deadly encounter I had with them.We needed to step it up and not only fight the dead but also the living. We need to unify and I think I know a way on how to do that. But first I need to set up BMCC then contact the ferries and the school that is my home. So I needed to come up with a plan to get people to settle there and make contact with the school and the ferries. I needed to find people who weren't scare or gone crazy from this.

It was early this morning and it wasn't that cold for the first day of march. I wasn't anywhere near the seven or the school. I was near the village and I was just thinking about the last time I was here. I was hanging out with some of my gay and trans identify friends and we stole a bottle of wine and played "never have I ever". I swear my friend's well those who I called friend were all slutty and I was just drinking and laughing. It was a summer day that all this happen. I wish I could go back to that.

As I was thinking about my past I saw something that looked out of place in my city. As I got closer I saw that it look to be people trying to settling down. I made my way closer and saw what look like guards. I made my way to them and ask what's going on. "This here is our home" he said. I just look at him. I told him there was a much safer place that has floors and gates. He just look at me and told to shut up. I laugh and show him my tattoo and told him was the leader of the school. He look at me and told the other guard beside him who I was. The other guy nodded and told me to follow him. I did what I was told and follow him. He went down this long block on fulton street, I saw people who looked ok. I mean they look kind of cold and a little bit hungry but they were doing okay. They were building shelters out of the store to accommodate more people but this was only one block that was secure but it really wasn't. There wasn't a gate or any kind of watch system. It looked to be just getting started but if a horde comes, they wouldn't stand a chance.

As we continue to walk I noticed everything trying to come together in one place. They were trying to build itself up out of nothing and I think the person in charge may be doing a really good job but I see flaws in this. The flaws, I see they're no protection, there are no watch towers or walls blocking anything. This is only just one new york city block there are only so big and it looks like they don't have any supplies, I can help feed these people that want to stay here. I think it makes a good outpost for trading and meeting people but to live in department stores in small shops isn't really a good thing. I wonder if I'm going to see the leader or the person who wants to be the leader I just hope it isn't some middle-aged jarhead who thinks he knows everything. I really I hate people like that like they know everything when they really don't. I mean I started this trying to save someone's life and now I'm the leader and I've saved many people but I've also taken lives. I wish I could forget them but I can't Claire was right you can't move on from it, you just gotta live with it and that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to stop running away but I have to come to peace with everything in this world now. This isn't my world but I'm going to make the best damn thing out of it.