chapter 15

I made it back in time for dinner at the school and tabi came running towards me and hug me. I smile a bit and hugged her back. She took my hand in her smaller one and we made our where to the lunchroom. I saw Sally and Claire handing out the food and I smile at them. I needed to talk to Claire and I also needed to plan the next time to go on a supply run. I didn't really like being the leader but no one else was going to do it, well maybe Jimmy but he is a little bit crazy for the job. After eating I called a meeting with my seconds or whatever they call themselves. "okay guys we need to go on a supply run for food, clothing and weapons, we might end up helping more people and maybe fighting a new threat, which are humans, these guys are a gang and i don't know where they are but from what our new guest Riley told me their bad news" I told them. Claire look at me and face the wall with the map on it. "i know where the police stations are at and i can riad them for weapons, ammo and body armor and other things that would be good." she said. "okay do that and tell me who you are taking with you" i said. Erin looked at me and said "i can help with food and maybe build a greenhouse for fresh food" "good plan go for it" i said. Jimmy said he would go on the clothes run because there were a lot of places around. looks like we had a plan of action now for tomorrow and the days to come. i feel like i need to tell lucy about all this but that will wait for tomorrow when i call her on the walkie.

After getting sleep and eating breakfast, Claire told me that there was a precinct close by. "How close" I question. "Right on west 82th street, it's the 20th" she said. "Aright round up who you need and be careful" I told her, she nodded and left to get ready. Each group that was going out was to take four people with them. there was about twenty five of us so it would be good. I wouldn't be leaving today for I was on guard watch and helping Sally take care of the kids we had. Erin was heading to the whole food mart on columbus ave between 97th and 98th street. There was also an Michaels art store and a home goods there as well. And Jimmy was heading to to the H&M on 59th and lexington ave. It look like everything was going according to plan. I just hope it stay that way. All three teams were heading out at the same time.

Some time later, I was just sitting on the makeshift watch tower looking over west 77th street when I saw something in the distant. It was making it way over here and I ready myself to shoot if it was a growler or ticker. I only had my M9 while I told Claire to take her own weapon which was a M16-A9 rifle, in case anything bad happen. I look over to the tower on the other end of the gate and made a hand motion for them to look at the far end of the block. Luke nodded his head and pointed in scope hunting rifle to get a better look at whatever it was that was coming our way. "It's a person" he said in a quiet voice. "Look I'm going to go see what it is cover me" I said in an equally quiet voice. He nodded his head and I jump off the tower and made my way to them. As I got closer and closer I saw that it was a girl. I yell out "stop" and she did. "What is your name kid" I said as I point my weapon at her. "My name is Jeffrey" she said. That confuse me a bit before I realize that I just misgender someone on how they looked. "Don't come any closer I need to check if you were bitten" I told him. He stood still look afraid of me touching him. "Look just took off your shirt, I won't judge you Jeff, I'm gay and I know what it is like in a way for people to judge you and I am not about to do that now" I told him. The look he gave me show releaf and he did what I told him to do.

"Alright you are all clear so follow me" I told him. We walked the short distance to the gate and Luke open them up a bit. "Luke this is Jeffrey, call Sally or one of the girls to show him around alright'" "You got it boss." i climb back up the tower and saw Sara walking out of the school waving over to us."Jeffrey it's your choice to tell everyone but i think you are good here" I told him. "Thank you" he said. I just smile and radio Claire and the boys to see how there were doing. "Hey jackie, it claire, we got a lot of stuff so we are planing to make some trips back and forth today and tomorrow" she said. "Copy That Claire see you soon". "Hey its Jimmy and we got all we could carry and some more planning on heading back once we get in". "Alright Jim kept it up." "We are good"said Erin. "Alright dude see you soon" I said. Erin wasn't much for words but he is a good dude. Everything was going good and as plan soon we would see the groups come and go for more runs and switch people out.