Chapter Two: Babysitting

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock screaming for me to awake. Sometimes I really think that it does that because it is jealous of the relationship between me and my bed. 

I rolled over  on my bed, placed my feet on the ground, yawning before I finally decided to stand up. I walked over to my clock which read 6:00 AM I had to be at the house I was babysitting at in two hours. I turned off my alarm then walked over to my closest to pick out some clothes. Usually I would shower first, but considering I was going out to the river today, I decided to wait and take it later. 

I pulled a blue T-shirt from my closest and some shorts from my dresser. About 20 minutes later, after I was completely ready to go, I went upstairs to go get some pancakes for breakfast. 

After I was finished eating I grabbed my purse, phone, and the keys to my red truck. It was around 7:15 by the time I had actually pulled out of the driveway and was heading towards Cathy's house (the lady who I was babysitting for). 

About 7:50 I was walking up to the porch of Cathy's house. I rang her doorbell then a few seconds later I heard footsteps and the lock on the door unlocking. 

"Oh hey, Jessica. Come in," Cathy said holding the door open for me.

"Thanks. Which kids am I watching today?" I asked. I knew that she had four kids total, but I rarely ever watched all four of them at the same time. Two of her kids were 10, twins, and were usually at sport games or something along the lines of that. The other two were six and three,  I mainly watched over them. 

"Tyler and Taylor have soccer games, Billy is going to the park with some friends, so only Abby today."

Abby was her three year old, she was probably the easiest to care for, today was going to be an easy day. 

"Okay. What time do you plan on being home?"

"I have to work all day, but Michael should be home around noon."

Michael was her husband. He was a really kind man, their kids loved him, I could see why. He pretty much acted like one of them, which made him even better. 

"Alright sounds good."

"Thanks again, Jessica," Cathy said walking out the door.

"Anytime, Cathy."

She smiled then closed the door behind her, leaving me and Abby alone in the house. 

I placed my belongings in a chair then started for the hallway where Abby's room was. The door was open so I walked in and saw Abby playing with dolls. She looked up and smiled when I walked in. 

"Hey, Jeswa," Abby said. She couldn't pronounce my name or very many things correctly so I was Jeswa to her.

"Hey, Abby," I responded smiling. "What are you doing, princess?"

"I am playing house with my dowwies (dollies)," she handed me a doll in a pink dress. "Here you can be wiwwie (Lillie), and I am gonna be Maggie." 

"Have you had breakfast yet?"

"No, mommy said to wait till Jeswa got here."

"Do you want to go eat, then return to your playing?"

"Yes," she stood, grabbed my hand, and walked down the hallway to the kitchen. 

"What would you like to eat?"

"Can I have wavvles (waffles)?"

"Yes you sure can. How about you go and play and I will call you in to eat when your food is ready?"