Chapter 29: Gather The Rest Of The Team

P.O.V. JUMPS AROUND IN THIS CHAPTER TOO! AS ALWAYS VOTE, LEAVE IDEAS, AND COMMENTS PLEASE!

Captain America P.O.V.

I was punching the bag as hard as I thought I could go. Memories from my time began to flood my mind. Only making me angry. And the angrier I got the harder and faster my fist made contact with the punching bag. 

The memories were horrible. And full of regret. They took over my mind to were that was the only thing I could think about.

It was WWII and I was running in the forest next to my best friend, Bucky Barnes. I held up my shield as bullets from the enemy fired at me, Bucky, and our team. 

"There's not enough time." I said in my memories as I was flying a Hydra plane. "I got to put it in the water." 

Peggy's words "you won't be alone" came into my head. Peggy you're wrong, I'm all alone now. 

"Oh my gosh." One of the doctors in my memory said. "This guy is still alive!" 

By this point I had gotten so frustrated that I punched the bag hard enough to knock it down.

Nick Fury's P.O.V.

I watched the man named 'Captain America' knock his punching bag down. He started to breathe heavily then he turned away to go grab another bag. After hanging up the next bag he went back to his angry punching. 

"Trouble sleeping?" I asked the tall blonde man. He turned to face me, not as shocked as I thought he'd be about a man being there. 

"I slept for 70 years, sir. I think I've had my fill," he responded as he went back to punching.

"Then you should be out celebrating and seeing the world," I said walking toward him. 

The man looked at me for a while then walked away from the punching bag then went over to his gym bag as he spoke. "When I went under, the world was at war. Then I wake up and they say we won. They didn't say that we lost."

"We made some mistakes along the way, some very recently." That caught the captain's attention he turned his head to the file in my hands. 

"You here with a mission, sir?" He asked.

"I am," I replied.

"Trying to get me back into the world?" He asked as he continued to place things in his gym bag.

"Trying to save it," I said giving him the file. 

Captain America's P.O.V.

"Trying to save it," Nick said as he gave me the file. 

"Hydra's secret weapon," I mumbled looking at the file's photo of the tesseract. 

"Howard Stark fished that out of the ocean when he was looking for you," Nick said as I continued to flip through the papers in the file. "He thought what we think, the tesseract could be the key to unlimited sustainable energy. That's something the world soon needs."

"Who took it from you?" I asked giving him back the file. 

"He is called Loki and he is...not from around here," Nick answered. "There is a lot we'll have to bring you up to speed on, if you're in. The world has gotten even stranger than you already know."