Chapter 27: Is Everyone Okay?

THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO GO BACK AND FORTH FROM P.O.V.'S! PLEASE LEAVE VOTES, COMMENTS, AND IDEAS! LOVE YOU ALL MY BEAUTIFUL MORTAL FOLLOWERS!!!

Phil Coulson's P.O.V.:

"As of right now we are at war," Nick Fury said calmly after one of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s bases was destroyed. 

War? Against what? Or whom?  Then I began to freak out. Where is Jessica? Did she decided to hide out in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s lab? Is she safe? Did she make it out? Dang it! I am such a horrible uncle to her! I can't even protect her or keep track of her! She could be dead, or dying, right now and all I am worried about is what I at war with. I should never have let her spy on them, she could be hurt and it would be all my fault. I should've told Maria, Sharon, or Nick about her. They could've helped protect her. Then maybe I wouldn't be so worried about if there was a dead or injured teenage girl trapped because of me. Why did I let her go in there without me? Why didn't I think about her sooner? I can't believe how horrible of an uncle I am to her. 

"Sir?" An agent next to me asked.

"What?" I asked nearly snapping on him.

His eyes grew huge in shock. "Are you alright?" 

I rolled my eyes, "Yes why wouldn't I be?" 

"You just don't seem to be yourself. You're sweating, your face is pale, and you look terrified."

I had to force a laugh, "Well I am not terrified. I am an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff like that doesn't happen to us. I am fine. Trust me."

The other agent nodded then turned his head away from me. 

Jessica's P.O.V.:

I hadn't slept since I got home. Or at all today. It was 11:38 PM and I had been home for what felt like forever. 

Why  didn't you stay and try to help him? The only thing I had been doing since I got home was worrying. He could be dead and the only thing I was worried about was getting away. I am so selfish! My uncle, my hero, the only person who understood who I was and accepted me for that, could be dead. Not only could he be dead, but his death could be my fault. No I didn't act as ignorant as that 'Loki of Asgard' freak, but I could've saved him. I could've ended Loki and saved my uncle. But no, I just had to get to safety and not even think once about the man who had mercy on me. Why am I so stupid?! He didn't save me so that his death could be my fau-

My thoughts were disturbed by my cellphone ringing. I looked at my phone to see who was calling. It was an unknown number. But I answered anyways.

"Hello?" I grumbled mad that I was interrupted. 

"Jessica?" An all to familiar voice asked.

"Uncle Phil?!" I was trying hard to keep my voice down, afraid my dad would hear.

"Jessica! Oh my gosh! You had me worried sick! You're okay! You are okay, aren't you?" Phil was talking quickly and if I wasn't so upset I may have been laughing. 

"I had you worried sick? I thought you were dead! I was feeling horrible, like I could've saved you but didn't! Thank God you're okay!"

"Me dead? No, no, no, I am fine. But I thought you were dead! I was blaming myself for allowing you to spy! But you never answered my question. Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes, now that I know that you aren't dead. Are you okay?"

"Yes, Jessica, I am fine. But the rest of the world may not be."

"Let me guess, Loki?"

"Yup. Jessica?"

"Yes Uncle Phil?"

"Now is your time. Are you ready to show this Asgardin what you're made of and what you can do? Are you ready to show S.H.I.E.L.D. and everyone else that you've changed and are no longer a bad person?"

I grinned. "You bet I am. When I am done with this Asgardin there will only be one of us left standing, and it won't be him."

"Good. Remember that team I told you about?" 

"The Avengers? Yes I remember them. Is it there time too?"

"Yes. But don't let them get in the way of you showing off. I honestly believe that you could destroy them all. Don't let the fact that you're just a kid get in the way either."

"I won't trust me."

"Well, Jessica I need to go now. I am so glad that you're okay."

"I am glad that you're safe too. Good bye Phil. I love you."

"I love you too." Then the line clicked.

I plopped on my bed with a smile on my face. He was okay, my uncle was okay. 

But I didn't know about Loki. I didn't know who he was, what he could do, or why he was here. I underestimated him. Big mistake. 

Phil Coulson's P.O.V.:

I ended the call just in time. The second that I clicked the 'end call' button Nick Fury walked in. 

"Agent, I have an assignment for you," Nick said.

"Is it time to bring in the Avengers?" I asked although I already knew the answer. 

"Yes. I need you to call Black Widow, she already knows being part of S.H.I.E.L.D., but tell her to bring in the Hulk. I also need you to go bring in IronMan, he may be a little harder to convince to come. Hawkeye, well he is kind of out right now for obvious reasons. And I will get Captain America."

"What? Why can't I get the Captain?!" 

"Coulson, please. You would go crazy and scare the Captain away if I sent you to reel him in."

"Who me?" I pretended to be shocked. 

Nick gave me an 'are you serious' look and I knew I was starting to act like Jessica. "Yes you, Coulson. Now please just go get Stark and tell Widow what her mission is." 

"Yes, sir. Right away, I am on it," I nodded at him then walked off. 

When I knew that nobody could see me I let out a chuckle and smirked. Nick, I thought. I  wish that you knew that the team you came up with will have one more member. Oh well, you'll find out soon enough. And boy are you in for a real treat.