Chapter Three: S.H.I.E.L.D. & A Mad Scientist

Note: THIS IS NOT FROM ANYBODY'S POINT OF VIEW!  AND THIS IS HAPPENING THE SAME TIME THAT JESSICA WAS BABYSITTING!

"Hill!Coulson!" Nick Fury yelled while walking down the hallway to S.H.I.E.L.D.'s main area, where all the agents and computers were. 

"Yes,sir?" Maria responded.

"What do you need, sir?" Phil asked.

"Report on our mad scientist."

"He has moved to a building in the town of Wards Island,New York," Maria said.

"Wards, Island?" Nick Fury asked. "What could he want from there?"

"Not sure, Director." 

Nick Fury nodded then turned his attention to Phil Coulson. "How about you? What have you found out about our guy?"

"Mostly background details, you know his past."

"Okay so what are they?"

"His father was also a scientist , so he was hardly ever home. His mother fell very ill, with brain cancer, and died when he was only 17. He made the decision to move out then, knowing that his father wouldn't raise him. He graduated college with a masters degree in mathematics, a masters degree in chemistry, and a doctoral degree in biotechnology. He has graduated high school at age 12 and college at age 19, so our guy knows his stuff."

"I'd say," Maria grumbled.

Coulson continued, "His father passed when he was 20, but he never really cared. He fell in love with Megan Johnson when he was 21, but she dumped him and her reasoning was '...he started to scare me with his science and his plans. I didn't want to be a part of it, honestly I feared for my life. So I left...' He got mad and moved from New Mexico to Florida, he lived in Florida for 10 years. Now here he is, a 32 year old man in New York, for no reason at all." 

"And have you found Megan?" Fury asked.

"I put some agents on it this morning, no matches yet, Director." 

"How close is Wards Island to upstate New York?" Maria asked.

"Little over two hours, why?" Fury asked.

"That is where the Avenger tower is located. He may be trying to close in on the Avengers."

"Don't jump to conclusions so fast. Yes, he may or may not be trying to create new...'creators'. But we don't know that for sure, it is just a rumor, we aren't going to kill a man because of a rumor. We will be keeping a close eye on him though. This is why we must find Megan, we have to know how true these rumors are." 

"We're on it, sir." Coulson said. 

"I don't want to know that you are 'on it' I want to know that you have answers and know where Megan Johnson is. I want answers by tomorrow night. She isn't a criminal, she has no reason to hide, unless from her ex for whatever reason. By tomorrow night I want to know exactly where Megan is, then we will be able to send some agents to interview her. Go get busy." 

"Yes, sir," Coulson said leaving the conversation to go to his office and do his own research. 

"What would you like for me to do, sir?" Maria asked. 

"Find Megan. That is our biggest priority right now. If we don't have her we have nothing that proves out guy is guilty. Find Megan so we can know why he scared her and how close of an eye we should keep on him."

"Alright, sir," with that Maria walked off to her own working area to find Megan.

Nick Fury walked over to his computer technology area (where Stark spun in circles in the Avengers). He began doing his own research. 

"Any news on our mad guy?" Nick asked looking around the room at all of his agents. They all looked at him, but said nothing. "Continue looking then," Fury said dismissing them from the conversation and back to their work. 

A few minutes later on one of the computers a red light lit up and it starting beeping. 

"Director! Director,Fury!" The agent sitting at the computer yelled.

"What is it, Agent?" Fury asked.

"We've got a match."

"What percentage and where?"

"Denver, Colorado with a 57% percent match. No, 78%. It's rising! 100% match, sir! It's her, it's Megan Johnson!"

Nick Fury pointed to three agents then yelled, "Go take Coulson and Maria then get your butts in Denver, Colorado this second! Now!"

The agents ran down the hall then split to go grab the agents and some supplies. A few moments later a door to the outside was opening, then they were gone. All five agents off to go to what they thought was just going to be a simple talk and then come back to with information that proved the scientist innocent. If only they knew, that scientist is nowhere near innocent, never has been, and never will be.