Chapter 20: You Really Shouldn't Have

Sorry that it took me so long to update, I was on vacation! And sorry if there are some misspelled words, I am tired from a long day and am not thinking to straight! 

Why in the world am I doing this? I asked myself. I was a bird flying over Manhattan looking for my prey.  Because, Jessica if you don't then maybe you'll be tempted to attack your family. You got rid of that stupid doctor to protect them from him, who will save them from you? You and only you. That's why you need to get blood from someone else's body, before you begin to crave their's. What happens when they get a wound? You'll probably crave their blood, and who knows how strong that craving will be. Do it this way, before its to late. Who should I take blood from then? Just find some person doing something wrong or illegal in an alley. It'll be used karma on them. Yeah, that should work. Just one victim and one small taste of blood, then this will all be over. 

I had been telling myself these commands since I left Wards Island. But I could never replay them enough in my head. I needed some way to convince myself that everything was going to be okay. Did I want to do this? No, not one bit. But I didn't know how much longer I could resist this feeling and not have anyone I cared about get hurt. 

I heard a scream pierce the sky. I looked down, into an alley, and I saw a man attacking a woman for her purse. There was no time to convince myself to go help her. 

Before I knew what exactly I was doing my bird wings went from slowly gliding across the sky to zooming down into the alley, behind a dumpster. I transformed back into a human, the sound of my body size changing and hitting the dumpster was covered up by the highway noise. 

"Give it back!" The woman's voice was loud and demanding, but also full of fear.

"No! You can give it here!" The man's voice was the exact opposite. It held no fear and was all demand and authority. 

"I need it! Please! I need to feed my children!" The woman now sounded like she was fighting back tears at the mention of her children.

"Too bad! I need it too! I don't have a job! Release it!" 

"No!"  I heard a sound that I couldn't place at first. Then the woman let out a cry of pain, and I realized that the man had smacked her. 

I heard loud footsteps coming my way as the terrified woman screamed for help, that she had just been robbed. I decided that now was my time to act. 

I jumped out from behind the dumpster and planted a hard punch into the man's face, a loud pop followed my punch. I had broken his nose. 

Cursing he stood up, rivers of blood pouring down his face, and glared at me. 

"Give the lady back her purse,"  I snapped. 

He stared at me before laughing, "I am not taking orders from a teenage girl." 

At that moment I realized that I didn't have a mask to cover my face. Just another mistake to add to my list.

I smiled as I said, "You'll regret doing this."

"Oh I'm sure I will. I am so scared. Please don't hurt me." He put up his hands in surrender as he mocked me. 

"You're an idiot."

"So is everyone else in this country. Why don't you break their noses?"

"Because I found you being an idiot before I found them. I'm done talking to you, give her back her purse and I'll finish my job quickly."

That seemed to grab his attention. "Your job?" He asked as a small hint of fear began to fill his voice. 

"Okay yup now I'm done," I said annoyed.

I moved to his right then ran past him. As I was running past him I grabbed his throat and slammed his head to the ground. I heard a scream and remembered the woman. Through my head I told animals to circle her and stop her from leaving the alley. I looked down at the man and saw that he was spitting up blood. 

"By the way," I growled into his ear. "People like you are my job."

"What do you mean? People li-"

But he couldn't finish his thought before I had snake teeth in his neck. I sucked about a pint of blood out of his throat then picked him up and threw him into the dumpster. The garbage man was in for a surprise.

I looked over at the woman and when our eyes met she began screaming bloody murder. I smiled, walked over to her, and placed a hand on her mouth muffling her screams. 

Dr.Allen words came back to me: No witnesses. And as much as I hated that man, he was right about there not needing to be any witnesses. Too bad for her, she was a witness. 

"Sorry that it came down to this," I growled. I was truly sorry, but that wasn't going to stop me. 

I placed my other hand on her hair and dragged her to back of the closest building. Using all of my strength I slammed her head into the wall multiple times, until her blood stained the building and I was sure she was dead. 

Then I did the same to her that I did to the man and to Dr.Allen. I made my teeth like snakes and sucked a pint of blood out of her neck. I decided that would be my signature mark on all of my victims. 

I picked up her body and threw her into the dumpster on top of the man. Now the garbage man was in for a double surprise, his day just keeps on getting better and better. 

I turned back into a bird then flew home. 

Later that night:

"There you are, Jessica." My older sister, Brooke said as I walked upstairs and into the dining room. "I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever come up."

"Well here I am, up," I said wanting to get out of this conversation. 

"Bekah wants pizza for dinner tonight. So I thought that I would order a pizza and watch a movie with you two before going home for the night. What type of pizza do you like?"

"Um, actually, Brooke, I already had a bite. So I am not too hungry. But I might have a slice of whatever you order, in other words it doesn't matter to me." 

"Oh okay, that's fine. I'll just order whatever type of pizza Bekah likes then."

"That sounds fine, Brooke."

It was about 9:00 when Brooke finally left and went home. Bekah had gone off to bed so it was only me and the dogs who were still up. 

I turned the T.V. on to FOX news just to see what was happening in America. 

"He states that he found two of them in the dumpster. Wow that must have been terrifying. I couldn't imagine what he was thinking when he found them both." 

Those words caught my attention. 

"You got that right, Norma. Crazy. The autopsy paperwork says that both victims had snake bites in their neck and had lost a pint of blood each. It also says that the man had a broken nose and a wounded head, the lady's head had only been wounded, her wound was far worse though. But the thing that I found strange was that the paperwork says that it wasn't a snake that did it. One because its Manhattan and where would this type of snake be in Manhattan. Two because of the other wounds. And three because snakes don't drain blood from their victims. So that leaves us with the question, if not a snake then what?"

I flicked the T.V. to CBS News, then CNN, then ABC, then NBC, and a few others and found them all telling the same story.

 I was becoming famous. 

NBC's news reporter asked a question that made me laugh to myself some though. He asked: "Will it strike again? And who will it target next?"

I chuckled as I said, "Yes, yes I think that I will strike again. And to whom? Bullies. I don't like bullies, so I think I'll get rid of America's bullies." 

Time to say goodbye again. Goodbye to fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, etc. Say goodbye to them all, before its too late.