Chapter 8:Guinea Pig

I woke up with a bright light shinning on my face and everything around me was blurry. My head was throbbing and I couldn't remember where I was. I started looking around and noticed that I was chained down to a huge table, in some big white lab. I panicked. I began thrashing my arms and legs, screaming bloody murder, doing anything and everything to get loose. But it was no use the only thing that went away was my energy. 

A man in a white lab coat walked over next to me. He had a clipboard in his hand and was writing something down. 

Then I remembered everything. I was in a lab with some sick doctor and the last thing that I had done was get a dead pig unchained. Now I was in the pig's place. That thought scared me half to death. I was gonna die just like the pig. He was going to experiment on me then kill me just like all of the other animals. 

"Good morning, darling. Sleep well?" The sick doctor asked me. 

"All you asked me to do was unchain a freaking pig!" I screamed, my voice full of anger and rage. 

"Yes, that was your job though. This is mine," his stupid grin crossed his face again. I wanted to smack it off, I hated his guts. 

"Why are you doing this to me? Don't you have something better to be doing than experimenting on children?"

"This is my property, you're on my property, so now you are my property. And you are right I HAD something better to be doing,  but that was when my experiments failed and didn't work. But look, so far so good, I didn't expect you to wake up, that drug I was expecting to kill you. Your body is stronger than what I thought, good. Maybe my works will actually turn out correct this time." 

I could feel the blood drain from my face. "What are your experiment plans?"

"Well it started off to crossbreed to totally different animals. So that they could shapeshift into each other, but now I am going to try to make a human-you-be able to shapeshift into all the animals. You can thank my ex for that idea.  You will be able to transform into them, speak to them both mentally and verbally, and you will be there ruler they can't refuse to go against anything you say, but they won't think twice about it they'll agree with everything you say/do."

"Why would you give me this much power?"

"One because I don't expect you to survive the experiments. Two you'll do what I say you'll do."

"And if I refuse to do what you tell me to?"

The stupid grin came again when he said, "I'll kill you're family. Starting with your parents, then any siblings you may have, then your closest friends. Every time you go against something I tell you to do, one of them dies. "

"I have to have a weakness, everything has a weakness. Nothing is made perfect. What is mine?" 

"You must be a certain distance away from an animal in pain. I'm not 100% sure on the distance, but it is around a football field away. It isn't all animal pain that hurts you. Only pain that is forced upon them. For example- Illness, no pain. Being attacked by another animal, no pain. But when you start talking about being abused, hunted, or anything like that from humans, you feel what they feel. Just you stay living, although you may wish you were dead. Your other weakness is that you can't hurt an animal, if you accidentally step on a paw, no problem. But if you mean to hurt them then you loose the ability to transform into that animal. You also can't eat meat, understand all this?"

I slowly nodded my head still not believing anything that just happened. 

"Good. Ready for your first mission?"

"Not really," I grumbled. 

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "Why not?"

I gave him an are you serious look before responding. "Oh I don't know maybe because, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE MY POWERS!" 

"Oh wow like anybody else actually does either," Dr.Allen grumbled sarcastically. 

"Well then how do you expect me to know how to use them?" I growled really wanting to hurt this guy.

His facial expression said that he hadn't actually thought this far ahead yet. Which was stupid on his side. Why in the world would somebody create something more powerful than them that they didn't even know what it does exactly or how to control them? How does he expect me to help him if I don't even know what to do or what I know am?

"You have one month to find out how to use them."

"And if one month comes and I still can't?"

"I'll kill your family one by one for every extra day it takes for you to figure it out." He unchained me then moved away from the table and over towards his desk. "Remember only one month." 

"So that's it? I'm free to go?" I asked confused. 

"Yes," he said.

"And if I don't return in a month?"

"Then I will find you and kill everybody that you love and take you back here for you to figure out how to use them. You are free to go, but by January 19th, exactly one month from now, I expect to see you. Or else. Oh and if you tell anybody about this-"

"Let me guess you'll kill my family?" 

"And you," he didn't move or say anything else so I decided to leave then.

As I was walking out I had all of these concerns running through my mind. Concerns like- I  have been in here for a day? Has anybody come searching for me? Surely somebody has, I told Neal I'd be at his house in 10 minutes the last time we spoke. How am I supposed to cover this? How do I explain all of my cuts? Will this creep really come and kill my family? If I tell the cops they could come without him knowing and stop him, he wouldn't be able to hurt me or my family then. No I can't do that. He said tell nobody, I can't take any risks with this beast. I don't know him well enough to test him. Better just play his game until I can find a better way, he'd expect me to tell the cops so he would be ready  for that. 

I finally pushed my way out of the wooden doors that lead to the warehouse and was struck in the face with cold winter air. I looked across the street and saw that my truck was still sitting over there, right where I left it. Getting down the hill was a lot easier than coming up it. Yes, I fell but it didn't matter I was trying to get down to the road anyways, sliding down there was just one way of doing it. 

When I opened my truck door I pulled out all of my possessions that I had hid the day before. I looked down at my phone and saw that I had 247 missed calls total from everyone and 312 text messages total from everyone. Now I realized that I needed an excuse, since I couldn't say I became a guinea pig for some mental scientist. 

I thought about I got into a fight. But then they'd ask about with who and I couldn't start a lie that big. I thought about I fell. But by the looks of me and how late I was nobody is going to believe that. I thought about I got lost. But you don't get lost in Wards Island and that doesn't explain my looks. I thought about I was attacked by an animal. But my marks aren't animal marks and they can take me to a hospital to see what animal.  So it came down to car wreck. 

I realized how crazy it sounded in my mind after I had everything planned out. This is the only way that I could cover everything and protect my family though. Boy, the things that you'll do for family. 

I started up my truck, backed up, and went to go find a place for an "accident" to take place. I couldn't believe I was actually going through with this.