Chapter 33: You're Needed...NOW!

Jessica's P.O.V.

"Are you a mind reader?" I asked after I clicked the answer button.

"Huh?" Phil asked confused. "Never mind, I need to tell you something important."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I kind of figured that much. What is it?"

"First you have to tell me something. Did you tell someone?"

"Yes I explained it to my older sister and she wants me to explain it to my father."

"Good, thank you for that. Well then are you ready to go to Germany?" There was a hint of excitement in his tone that made me grin.

"Yes I am ready for Germany tomorrow. I just need to pack my bags." I was ready to kick some Asgardian butt that was the truth. 

"And that's the news I have for you, dear. I need you on a plane...now."

"Now?" I was a little bit shocked at the sudden change of plans, but I needed to get used to plans changing. "Alright, that's fine. Just let me call my sister to tell her I am leaving and let me pack."

"Great! I will be over at your house in about 15-20 minutes."

"How many outfits do you think that I will need?" I was already moving down to my room to get busy.

"Oh I don't know five to ten?" By the way he said he, he obviously didn't know. I had to hold my breath to stop from laughing at him. 

" Okay I think I can take care of it, thanks for trying." I already had a huge suitcase out on my bed as I moved to my closet to get clothes.

"For trying? What do you mean 'for try-"

"See you in twenty." I laughed as I pressed the 'End Call' button. 

I needed to call Brooke so that she knew I was leaving America and could do something with Bekah. I typed her number into my phone then put it on speaker so I could continue packing. 

"What's up?" Brooke asked after picking up on the third ring.

"I'm going to Germany, like now." I said rushing around and throwing clothes, unfolded, into my suitcase. 

"Okay, I am on my way. Don't you dare leave until I get there!" Brooke hollered.

"No promises." I ended the call quickly on her too. 

I was almost completely packed when I heard someone walk into the house.

"Jessica?" I heard Brooke scream as she opened the door to the basement.

"Down here packing," I yelled back as I stuffed a large makeup bag full.

"Where is Bekah? I need to get her to pack a bag and come with me to my house." Brooke started to walk down the stairs.

"In her room, doing who knows what." I shoved the makeup bag into my suitcase, thinking that I should've packed neater so I could've had more room. 

Brooke's footsteps grew quieter as she left the basement and went up to the top floor. 

"Bye-bye, girlies," I picked up my pups and gave them each a kiss on the head before placing them back down. "You be good, no messes, no tearing stuff up, and listen to Brooke. I'll be back soon, I promise."

I used the handle and dragged my ridiculously large suitcase up the stairs. The doorbell rang when I reached the top of the stairs.

"I'll get it!" Bekah yelled.

"No you won't!" I screamed dropping my suitcase and rushing to the door.

Bekah was already at the door and began to open it. I ran at full speed, running into a few things along the way, and threw my body's weight into the door, making it close again.

"Why can't I answer it?" Bekah asked.

"Because you need to pack and it's for me. No go." I pointed toward a flight of stairs that lead to an upper level which her room was on.

"But I just want to know who it is!" Bekah crossed her arms and pouted.

"Why does it matter? It's for me, end of discussion, now go." My words had a bite to them. 

"Bekah come on back up stairs! Hurry up and finish packing so we can go!" Brooke hollered. Bekah stuck out her tongue and marched up the stairs.

When I was sure she couldn't see the door, I opened it. Phil greeted me with a friendly smile and a little wave. "Mind if I come in?" He asked.

"Actually yes I do mind, so stay put. And let me go say my goodbyes."

I didn't give him time to answer before I ran up the stairs, gave both my sisters a hug and kiss goodbye, ran back downstairs, grabbed my suitcase, and walked out the door. 

"So are we going to ride in a private jet?" I asked from the passenger seat of Phil's car.

"I am, but your not." He said as he drove.

"Huh? What do you mean? Please don't say that we are gonna take to different planes!" 

"Oh, but we are. Sorry about not telling you sooner, but I need you to ride on a plane without me. I would let you ride with me in the jet, but it's  S.H.I.E.L.D.'s and they wouldn't like that. And I would ride with you, but I am needed to be on the S.H.I.E.L.D.'s jet. Only option left, if we are gonna both go, is we take two different ones. Hope that's okay?" His expression made me realize he didn't want it to be this way.

"Yes of course it's fine. I'm a big girl I can take care of myself." I smiled to make him feel better. 

A few minutes later we were in the airport.

"Bye Uncle Phil I will call you when I land in Germany!" I said excitedly.

"Bye Jessica, I love you. Call me the instant you land, not a second later." His tone wasn't as excited as mine, but this also wasn't his first time on a plane, or leaving the country.

I gave him a hug, which he returned without hesitation. I pulled away when I heard my flight being called. I waved goodbye to Phil,  then grabbing my suitcase I ran off to go get on the plane. 

I fell asleep almost instantly when I sat in my plane's first class seat. I had to thank Phil for making me first class. 

I wish I could've stayed awake when  I began to dream. 

"NO! NO! GIVE HER BACK! GIVE ME BACK MY DAUGHTER!" A blurry image  screamed as I was taken from him. 

"DADDY! DADDY! PUT ME DOWN! GIVE ME BACK TO MY DADDY!" I screamed at the blurry creatures who had taken me as I reached for the man I had been taken from.

"SHUT UP!" The blurry creature who took me screamed. He threw me to the ground and kicked me square in the face. 

I flew backwards as the man who I yelled for, my father, screamed to show his anger. 

I looked in the direction my blurry father was and saw that he was still being held back by one of the blurry creatures. He couldn't break their grip. 

"Daddy..." I whispered as all went black. 

I shot up from my nightmare. I had been having these dreams more often now. And in all of them I was younger. And in all of them everyone was so blurry so I couldn't make out faces, besides mine. And in all of them it felt more like a memory than a dream. I needed to figure them out.

I decided that my next mission, after Loki was dealt with, was to figure out this dreams. I needed answers on them.