Chapter 37: All On My Own

WARNING! P.O.V. CHANGES A LOT IN THIS CHAPTER! WARNING! THERE IS SOME MAJOR PARTS IN THE MOVIE THAT ARE CHANGED AROUND! PLEASE DON'T GO ALL HULK ON ME! 

No One's P.O.V.

"So you have no idea who I am talking about?" Nick Fury asked Maria Hill and Sharon Carter. 

"No sorry, sir. We never saw her come in. Actually we didn't even know about her until you mentioned her. But if she jumped out of the helicarrier then she is dead for sure, no doubt at that. That was a suicide mission, she's gone." Sharon Carter said. 

"I am curious about how she managed to sneak her way on the helicarrier," Maria said. "She was one intelligent kid to be able to do that."

"I want to find out who she was. Agent Hill go get some agents looking through the cameras to see how she got in. Agent 13 I want you to go tell the team, or what's left of them, to meet me in the conference room in 10 minutes." Fury was already heading toward the conference room to wait for the team. 

"Yes, sir," Agent Hill and Agent 13 said at the same time as they ran off in opposite directions. 

Jessica's P.O.V.

"Wake up," a deep voice above me said as someone shook me. "Come on, wake up.  Don't be dead, please don't be dead! Wake up!" 

I slowly opened my eyes. A tall blonde with shoulder length hair towered over me. He held a hammer, and wore a red cape, his outfit reminded me of Loki's-Asgardin. I began to wonder if this was Loki's "brother" Thor that Coulson told me about. 

I looked around me and saw that I was lying in tall grass in a valley somewhere. I didn't know where I was or why I was here. 

"Are you alright?" The man whom I assumed was Thor asked.

"Um...yes I think I am fine. Thank you." I said. 

He extended a hand to me. "Allow me to help you up."

I grabbed his strong hand as he pulled me up. "Thanks."

"My name is Thor Odinson." Thor stared at me for a moment then he gave me a questioning look. "And you are?"

"I'm Jessica. Do you know how I got here? Or what happened?"

Thor shook his head. "I don't know exactly how you got here, but I did see you fall from the sky. Actually I didn't really see that either. You dropped, from the sky, right in front of my feet. Maybe it was destiny that you came across my path."

I smirked. "Or just the wind. I need to get going back home, thanks for checking up on me, Thor."

"Would you like for me to walk to back?" 

"Nope I am fine. I can take care of myself." 

Concern filled his eyes. "Are you positive?"

"100 percent!" 

"Well I guess I should probably be getting back to my job also. It seems like my brother is gonna make a mess and once again I am left to pick up after him. Goodbye, Jessica," he gave a firm nod.

"Bye, Thor!" 

He smiled then looked at the sky as he started to swing his hammer. Then he took flight, and it seemed like his hammer was the reason for his flight. Which I found odd. 

When he was gone I collapsed into the tall grass and began to cry. I cried over Phil. I cried over what I had to soon tell my father. I cried because I still didn't think I had earned Brooke's full love or trust back, no matter what she said. But mainly I cried because now that Phil was gone, it was up to me to prove who Predator really was. And I couldn't do it without him.