Chapter 12: Finding Normal

The whole car ride home questions were coming after me at the speed of machine gun bullets. Questions like- How are you feeling? Do you need anything? What happened? How much do you remember? I told them that I was fine, didn't need anything, wasn't sure, and that I didn't remember much. I think that they believed me. 

During the ride back home I kept looking back behind me to see if we were being followed. I was afraid that Dr.Allen wouldn't keep to his word and would come earlier than he said he would. The last thing I wanted was for my family to be killed six days before Christmas. 

When my dad pulled into the driveway I was my truck with a huge ribbon wrapped around it. After he parked I walked over to my truck to go check it out some more. There was a note attached to my windshield whippers, I pulled it off to look over it. 

Jessica

Told you that your truck was fine and in one piece, unlike you. I talked your dad into letting you keep it and drive it again, he was afraid of this happening again. Guess you can't really blame him though after everything that has happened, and not even really having all the answers to what happened. 

I'm sorry that I forced you to go out to the store to go get supplies, you should've just came straight to the party. I know that you'd tell me not to blame myself, because that's just the type of person you are, but I will anyways and we all know that. Sorry that I don't listen very well, but you don't either so don't be mad at me. 

I hope that you'll feel better soon. 

-Neal

I smiled at the note then put it into my pocket. The note reminded me of why I did what I did, for family. Although I hated what I did I would do it again in a heartbeat for them, I know that they'd do the same for me too, which may or may not be a good thing. I took the green ribbon of my red truck then plopped it into the trash can that was in the garage. I didn't need to keep everything that they gave to me. 

The rest of that day was really just a blur. I'm not to sure of what went on, I wasn't paying attention to anything. The only thing I was interested in that day was Dr.Allen. Why was he at the hospital? Did he follow me home? Did he have a change of plans? How was I supposed to train my powers without people knowing? 

I didn't think that he had followed me home, but I didn't know why he was at the hospital. I decided just to let it be, I had other things to worry about besides why the doctor was in the waiting room. Like if he was really going to hurt my family. Or what the experiments have done to me. Both which are more important than why he was in a waiting room. 

Before I knew it I was in bed again getting trying to fall asleep. Which was way to hard. Somehow I did manage to fall asleep though, it didn't last to long before I woke up because of a haunting nightmare. Thanks Dr.Freakman for ruining my sleep. 

I glanced over at my clock and groaned when I saw that it was only 3:34 AM. I didn't want to go back to sleep and fall back into a nightmare so I decided against it. My alarm was going to go off in about three hours so I was going to make use of those three hours by staying awake and making a plan. 

I couldn't get busy right away with my power training because Christmas was five days away. So I began making plans to find a place to go get busy right after Christmas. I wanted to tell somebody, anybody, so that they could help me with this, but I couldn't risk their lives. 

I had finally finished my planning by about 5:57 AM. My plan was to go out to the river and work on the animals there, and my pets here. Then when I had finished and completed my works with the doctor and had lots of power I would turn the doctor in. I couldn't see why my plan wouldn't work out. 

So then that was that. The perfect little pastor's girl was going dark. I was going to end the doctor, maybe not by killing, but he will regret what he did to me. Honestly it felt good.