Chapter 15: Time for Your Mission

THIS IS NOW A JAN. 3! JESSICA GOES BACK TO SCHOOL IN 4 DAYS! HER DAD AND SHARLA HAD WORK, BEKAH WENT TO A FRIEND'S LEAVING HER HOME ALONE!

I paced back and forth in front of my bed as Eve, my beagle, and Bella, the husky sat on the bed staring at me. I had 16 days to get to Dr.Allen before things got bad, now may be one of my only chances to do so, since everyone was out of the house. I decided to text my dad and tell him I was gonna be over at Neal's. 

Jessica: Hey  dad can go over to Neal's place?

Dad: Sure just be back by dinner and set the alarm on the house on your way out!

Jessica: Alright  I will thanks dad.

I glanced at my phone to check the time before contacting Neal. It was only 8:00 AM, I had time. 

Jessica: Hey Neal I need your help.

Neal: K with what?

Jessica: I  need to just be alone and get out of the house like how I used to before the accident. So I  need you to cover for me, because I may or may not have told my dad that I was gonna be over at your place .  

Neal: Wow you know me really well, of course I'll cover you. 

Jessica: Thanks Neal! 

Neal: Anytime, sis.

I quickly ran around my room grabbing my keys, purse, coat, and other things that I may need. I put my pups in their crates then ran upstairs to turn on the alarm. About a minute later I was in the front seat to my truck. 

Less than 10 minutes later I was in front of that stupid warehouse again with the crazy man inside. I stepped out of my truck, hide my personal stuff, then took a deep breath before walking across the street to climb up that no good hill again. 

The climb up the hill was easier than last time, so I wouldn't have to explain anything this time to anyone like last time. Before I knew it I was standing in front of the warehouse doors telling myself to just open the stupid doors to go see the crazed scientist. 

I didn't remember opening the door or walking the hallway or going into the lab, but before I knew it I was face to face with the man who ruined my life-again. 

"Good mornin' darling," The freakshow said grinning.

"It would be good if I wasn't standing here," I grumbled.

"Awe don't be such a Debbie-Downer. Are you here because you're ready for your first mission?"

"Ready? No not even close," I laughed. "But I do know how to use my powers now."

"Well then I do believe its time to give you your first mission. I need you to get rid of four people."

"You want me to kill four people?!" I could feel all the color fade from my face as I said those words.

"Your so smart," he mumbled rolling his eyes. "Yes that's what I need you to do. Okay?"

"No not okay! I can't kill four people! You're mad! What if I don't kill those people? Huh? What will you do?"

He chuckled as he said, "I think you already know the answer to what I'll do, Jessica. Your family, remember my warning from last time?"

"You're sick."

"Maybe so. But if you care about your family you'll do exactly what I tell you. Now are we past this whole 'you want me to kill?' phase and ready for the rest of the plan?" When I didn't respond he grinned and continued his plan ideas. "The four people that you're going to make disappear are going to Manhattan for a vacation next Saturday, you'll deal with them then."

"You've been stalking them? For how long? And who are they?" I asked disgusted.

"Glad you asked. Her name is Megan Johnson, she's my ex. She left me, got remarried, and had twins, so she's been living a happy life. Now its my turn for that chance."

"This is all just revenge over some childhood love?"

"Its revenge over the person who told me lies, gave me a false happiness, false hope, and took from me the only love I had left!" He took two steps closer to me and lowered his voice for what he had to say next. "Now you'll take care of her and everything that she loves or I'll take away who you love. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal," I mumbled harshly. 

"Good. I'll write down the address for the place that they'll be staying at and you can go there next Saturday to take care of business." 

He handed me a piece of paper with an address for a hotel in Manhattan. On the paper was also the times that they should be there, and where else they would be. This creep thought of everything. 

"Can I leave now?" I asked desperately wanting to get out of here.

"Yes get out of my sight I don't want to see you until after your job is complete. If you aren't back by the end of January, I am coming for you and believe me when I say that won't end pretty. Oh and one more thing, love. No witness whatsoever."

"Okay," I said turning to leave. The second that I closed the lab's door I ran. I ran from the warehouse, from the doctor, and towards my truck not caring how big of a scene I was making. 

As soon as I reached my truck, I unlocked the door, hopped in, started it up, then slammed on the gas to get me away from there as fast as I could. I was home in half of the time that it would normally take for me to get home. 

I parked, ran inside, turned off the alarm, and ran straight to my room. I let my dogs out of their crate then threw myself into my bed to bawl. The tears came quickly, but left just as quickly. I wasn't much of a crier so it was a surprise that I was even crying now. I noticed that my pups were staring up at me with confusion in their eyes. 

I'm fine, I lied to them. Just go for now, we can play later. I just want to be alone. They left my room and used their dog door to bring them to the small backyard of ours. 

I could feel my eyes start to burn again and did my best to fight back the tears, but with no luck. They came anyways. I screamed then threw my face back into my pillow to muffle the sound. 

After 10 minutes of crying, I was now longer upset. I was past that, I wasn't angry though either. In fact I was beyond angry, I was furious. I was furious that I was being forced to do something I didn't want to do. I was furious that I was being made to kill innocent people. I was furious at everything and everyone. And someone was going to pay for my anger. It only made since for the person who got me the most furious to have to pay, Dr.Allen.