Chapter 21: We're Too Late, Sir

NO ONE'S P.O.V. BECAUSE THIS IS ONCE AGAIN S.H.I.E.L.D.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE COMMENT IDEAS, POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Director! Director Fury!" Maria Hill ran with Phil Coulson trying to catch up with Director Nick Fury.

"What is it, Agents?" Fury asked his walk not slowing.

"Its the doctor, sir."

"Yes, I kind of figured that's what it was. I mean what about him?"

Maria looked at Coulson as she said, "He's dead, sir."

"What?!" Fury almost yelled as his walk stopped.

"When we entered his lab we found him dead on the floor."

"Have you figured out if it was suicide, homicide, or an accidental death?"

"We know its not suicide. Some agents are examining his body to find out what happened."

"Good, tell me what you find out," Fury said as he began to walk away from them.

"Director wait!" Coulson yelled after him. "There's more."

Fury quit walking, turned to face them, and raised an eyebrow as he said, "Go on."

"There was a snake bite found in his neck."

"A snake bite?" Fury asked doubting such a thing in that area. "I highly doubt that."

Coulson pulled a photo out of his pocket and showed Fury. The photo was a man (Dr.Allen) dead in his lab. The image had a close up of his bite, proving to be a snake's. 

"So you see, Director, as crazy as it sounds, it is a snake bite."

"But," Maria cut in with her idea. "I was watching the news last night and it showed two other people, man and woman, with the same marks, the only difference between him and them is that they have a few extra wounds."

"So its a snake bite, but not a snake's doing?" Fury asked.

"Agent Carter is on here way from examining his body to tell us what she and a few other agents think it is."

As if on cue Sharon Carter walked into the room holding papers in her hand. 

"Agent Carter!" Coulson said, "Right on time! Would you mind explaining to Fury what's going on with all these snake bites?"

"It would be my pleasure," Carter said smiling then turning to Fury. "I have just came back from examining Dr.Kyle Allen's body, as you probably already know. Well, anyways, the doctor and two other victims were found with snake bites in their necks. Since there are no snakes in this area of New York we thought that maybe someone shaped something to look like a snakes jaw before shoving it into their necks. But that wouldn't explain why there is snake venom in their bodies or why they had bad head wounds that could kill someone, broken noses, or why each of them were missing a pint of blood. So I sent a group of agents to go to his lab and see what we could find out about his experiments, if any of his evil plans would help explain this. And sure enough they did."

Fury's eyebrows moved closer to each other as he began to think. "What did his plans show?"

"They were the plans that Megan Johnson told us about. He went through with them. He created a monsterous slave. We believe that maybe that's what attacked the three people, his creation gone wrong." 

"Do you know anything else about this monster of his? It's name? Gender? Age? Past? What it had for breakfast? I want to know everything."

"Here are some of the papers that I grabbed off his desk this should help explain some more about her." 

"It's a girl?" Fury asked not really too shocked though. 

"Yes." Carter handed him the papers that said this:

Name: Jessica Nicole Pryce

Gender: F

Age: Early Teen Years

Testing Done to Her: Making her into all the animals. She'll be able to shapeshift into them, speak to them-both mentally and verbally, she can use animal talents without having to change shapes. 

Date of Testing: December 18, 2014 

Weakness: Must be over 100 yards away from an animal being harmed purposely by humans.

Extra Notes: She can't eat meat without making herself deathly ill. No animals can hurt her, they physically can't bring themselves to do it. The animals will protect her at all costs. The animals act like they are under mind control by her-they can't refuse to do what she tells them to, but the don't think twice about what they are doing, they don't care. 

"Well it seems that we have ourselves a slight problem," Fury said as he handed Carter back the notes.

"Yes, sir, it does seem that way," Carter said taking the notes back from Fury. 

"S.H.I.E.L.D.'s job is to take care of problems like this." Fury stopped and made eye contact with all three agents in front of him. "In other words take care of her, before she becomes to powerful. I don't care what you must do, Just get rid of her, and make it look like an accident. You have one week." 

The agents nodded in response to their order before running off to go get it done.

Little did they know it would take much longer than a week to take care of this problem. It will take over three long devastating months.