Chapter 38: A 'Thank You' Would Be Nice.

THIS CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE SHORT! SORRY! BUT IT'S NEEDED!

No One's P.O.V.

"Come on! Come on!" Erik Selvig hollered after watching Predator take the nuke to the portal, and realizing she wasn't coming back down. 

After a moment Captain America finally gave a command. "Close it." He quietly said. 

Black Widow reached Loki's staff inside of a protective bubble around the tesseract. When the staff touched the tesseract it turned off the tesseract's energy blast in the sky. The portal began to close. Just before it closed completely, Predator came falling out from it.

"He's not slowing down," Thor said getting ready to fly and get Predator. Not knowing that Predator was a she.

Right before Thor could get off the ground, Hulk was already in the air. He jumped onto the side of a building, wrapping an arm around Predator. He used his free hand to glide down the side of the building. He let his grip on the building down, and he started to fall with Predator in his arms. When he crashed onto the ground, and put Predator down in front of him, Captain America and Thor ran up to him. 

Thor ripped off her mask, revealing her identity. "It's a woman?" Thor asked, shocked.

"I don't care what it is, is she breathing?" Captain America asked, trying to find her heartbeat.

Hulk let out a roar that grew with sound. Predator's eyes shot up and she started breathing heavy. 

Brooke's P.O.V.

"Yes! Great job, Jessica!" I cheered at the T.V. as I watched Jessica take a nuke into Loki's alien portal. 

I was in my living room, home alone, watching the news. If I wasn't alone I wouldn't have been cheering on my sister like that.

"Come on, Jess!" I anxiously said waiting for her to come back through the portal.

The portal started to close.

"What?! NO!" I stood up from the couch. "COME ON, JESSICA!" I felt hot tears start to roll down my cheeks. 

A moment later, she did fall through the portal. "Yes!" I clapped excitedly. "Yes, yes, yes! Go Jess!" 

"It seems like the hero, whoever he/she is, isn't done for." The news reporter said. "Just look up at where the portal was. Whoever it is is coming back!"

I switched channels from Fox News to CNN to see what else was being said about her. 

"It's a bird! It's plane! It's-Predator?" The news reporter on CNN said. 

I started laughing. "That's right, it's Predator!" 

"Predator!" The reporter half said half yelled. "Well it seems like our once terrifying creature, may be starting to do things for good. I guess change is possible."

"Oh yeah!" I hollered. "You go, girl!"

Predator's P.O.V.

"What the heck?!" I stated after Hulk roared again. "What just happened?! Please tell me nobody kissed me!" 

"We won," Captain America said breathing heavy.

"Great job, boys," I said still trying to catch my breath. "You did it!"

"We did it," Captain America said smiling.

"We're not finished yet," Thor said getting our attention. 

"Right," I grumbled. "Where is Loki?"

"Still in the Avenger's tower," Thor smiled. 

"What are we waiting for then?" I asked standing up. "Let's go."

I didn't even wait for them. I was anxious to get to Loki. I wanted to see his face of defeat. 

I ran a few feet then took flight, once again without bothering to shapeshift. After I landed on the tower, so did Thor, Hulk and Captain America-whom was being lifted by Hulk. 

When I walked in, with Thor, Cap, and Hulk, I saw the rest of the Avengers. They stood in a defense stance, weapons drawn, behind Loki waiting for him to turn around. The four of us walked up next to them and joined them.

"If it's all the same with you, I'll have that drink now." Loki said after he turned and saw us. 

No One's P.O.V.

All of the Avengers, and Jessica, watched as Thor and Loki used the tesseract to get back to Asgard. 

"You did good kid," Captain said patting Jessica on the back as he went off to his motorcycle.

"Yeah I guess you did alright," Tony said. "Although you did steal my spotlight."

"Like you needed anymore," Jessica mumbled. 

Tony just smirked and went to go get into his hot ride with Bruce. 

"Do you need us to get you anywhere?" Clint asked Jessica.

"No I'm fine, thanks," Jessica said without even turning to look at him.

Clint nodded then left with Natasha.

After a moment Jessica was the only one left standing there, lost in her thoughts. 

"Jessica!" A voice yelled.

Jessica turned to see the man with an eye patch that she'd seen with Coulson. "Yes?" 

"I'm Director Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.. I'd like to have a word with you. May I?" He asked.