Chapter 14: Practice Makes Perfect

BACK TO JESSICA'S P.O.V.! ALSO THIS IS 4 DAYS AFTER CHRISTMAS! 

Neal: Hey  if ya'll aren't busy do any of you want to hang out today?

Moni: Yeah me and Joel both can, we aren't doing anything today. Where and what time?

Neal: How about we just go to the mall in Manhattan that we usually go to go chill around  lunch time?

Joel: Sounds cool, Moni and I will see you at noon at the mall then!

Allison: Yeah sure why not I'll go.

Marie: Sweet mom said I can go this time.

Timothy: Still in Kansas with my family no can do.

Jamie: Yeah I am out of  town too, so not this time. 

Rachel: I have no life so why not.

Logan: Can't  this time sorry man.

Sarah: I  have to go meet up with some other family so no. 

I was about to reply yes, I had no plans today and I desperately wanted to get out of the house and just do something. But then I realized that this might be one of my only chances away from the band to go down to the river and get busy on my "gift". So against my will and desperate wants, I knew I had to turn down their offer. 

Jessica: Dang it! Sorry guys, can't go. Ya'll know how much I'd love to though, maybe next time-hopefully next time. 

Neal: Awe way to go Jess and ruin all our fun, man ;). Guess we will just have to go have fun without her *sigh*. So Rachel, Marie, Allison, Joel, Moni, and me are the only ones that can go then, dang it Jess way to ruin all the fun and leave me with Marie and Rachel. LOL just playing! Have fun without us TTYL. 

I turned off my phone, set it on my chest that was next to my bed, then plopped on my bed to stare at the ceiling. I was trying to think of a way to convince my dad to let me go down to the river, but couldn't think of one idea that'd he'd say yes to. I didn't want them to come with me so I was trying to think of ways to make sure that they didn't have to tag along, but couldn't think of any. 

I sat up in my bed getting a good idea that wouldn't cause any harm like my last "good idea". Dr.Freakshow had told me that I could communicate to the animals verbally AND mentally. So I could make my family come with me to the park down there to play in the snow while I tried to communicate with the animals mentally. 

I got up off my bed then darted up the stairs to go find my father. He was in the living room with my stepmom and younger sister watching Christmas movies. He paused the movie when I came into the room and everyone's eyes went to me. 

"Jessica, how are you feeling?" My dad asked.

"Better,"I said. It wasn't a complete lie, nor was it the complete truth.  "Are we doing anything today?"

"Um...no, I don't think so. Why?" 

"I just wanted to get out of the house and wanted to know if you wanted to go to the park by the river."

"I WANNA GO TO THE PARK!" Bekah, my 11 year old sister screamed. 

I raised and eyebrow at my dad and just shrugged. My dad just rolled his eyes as he grumbled, "Fine.  We can go to the park. Its freezing outside though so go bundle up." 

Bekah and I looked at each other, smiled, and then ran off in opposite directions to our rooms to go grab our stuff. Five minutes later all four of us were in my dad's Prius and on our way to the park.

 We were about half way there when I saw a Husky run out in front of our car. I knew that my dad couldn't stop in time and if he would slam the brakes we would slide. I took a deep breath then decided to try it.

Move, I tried to telepathically tell the pup. Get out of the way! No luck the dog just stood in the road staring at us. 

"Come on, dog! Get out of the street! Your gonna get hit!" I hollered, this time it worked though the dog moved into the ditch. I turned around to watch the dog just sit there staring at me, ears perked up, and its head cocked to the side. I think he knew who I was, or felt some sort of connection. The pup barked then came running after the car again. I looked down at my lap, shaking my head, this was gonna be harder than I thought.  

I took one more glance back to see what the pup was doing now and could feel my jaw drop when I did. Instead of just the pup following our car, about 70 animals were chasing our car. Not just dogs either, it was a mix between dogs, cats, squirrels, birds, and much more. Now I knew for sure that they were thinking I was there queen, maybe this would go smoothly. When we finally pulled up to the park the animals had stopped and made a huge line up behind the car. 

"What in the world?!" My dad exclaimed. "Where did they all come from? Why aren't they running?"

"I don't know," Sharla, my stepmom replied. "But that's super strange."

"Strange or not look at all of the cute animals!" Bekah said excitedly.

"Oh well just leave them be, they aren't hurting anything. We're fine," I was trying to move their focus away from all the creatures. "Come on lets go play, we didn't come here to stare at the animals."

"No they came here to stare at us," My dad said finally moving to one of the park benches with Sharla. Me and Bekah ran off to go play in the snow. Well, Bekah was playing, I was "playing", but really just trying to figure out what I could do.

Leave, I said mentally to the animals. I can't have all of you here, you are a distraction to my family, go on. I didn't even need to finish my sentence before all the animals started to go off to who knew where. Pup! You stay here, I'll help you out! I was communicating to the husky pup, who was the only animal that looked to be in need of a home. I wanted to help him, so I was going to give this little fella a home. 

I didn't know much about what I could do, but I did know one thing for sure-Dr.Allen hadn't failed me.  I didn't trust him, but he hadn't let me down, yet, which was good. 

i still wanted to take care of him though, but now I knew that I'd have to do it solo. And new exactly how to do it, I was going to use his own experiments against him. I was going to have the animals make revenge for all of their friends that died because of him. Now its time to say goodbye to the doctor, bye-bye Dr.Allen.