Chapter 19: Not as Free as I Thought

BACK TO JESSICA'S P.O.V.! PLEASE COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS (NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE) AND IDEAS FOR WHAT I SHOULD/SHOULDN'T ADD, AND PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!!!

"Mr.Zeiger?" The voice over the intercom asked my English teacher. 

"Yes?" Mr.Zeiger said slightly frustrated that his teaching had just been interrupted. 

"Do you have Jessica Pryce in your class right now?" 

"Yes I do," Mr.Zeiger said looking over at me. 

"I have her father on the phone, down here in the office, and he'd like to speak to her." 

"Alright she's on her way," Mr.Zeiger said to the annoying voice then he directed his next words to me. "Go talk to your dad." 

I nodded, stood then walked out the door, ignoring everyone's "ooh your in trouble". As I was walking down the hallway I was trying to think of why he would be calling me. I had a phone he could just text me, I'd get the message. But then again my dad isn't a rule breaker, being a preacher, so he probably wouldn't do that. 

When I walked into the office a lady handed me a phone and told me that it was my dad calling, which I already knew.

"Dad?" I asked

"Hey, Jessica," he said. there was no hint of worry or stress in his voice so there was no need for me to worry. 

"Why did you need to talk to me?" I asked, it may have sounded a little rude, but I am a straight to the point person. 

"I was just calling to say that one of my cousins passed away this morning." 

"Oh, I'm sorry," I now felt bad for rushing his point. "Who was it?"

"You wouldn't have known him, I don't believe you two ever met. His death wasn't a big surprise, he was sick and in a nursing home, so we knew it was coming."

"Oh," I mumbled not sure why he was calling to tell me this if I didn't know him. 

"Anyways," Dad continued. "I was asked to do his funeral. So I won't be home when you and Bekah get home. I will be back next Friday." Today was Friday, so he would be gone for a week. "I called Brooke (one of my older sisters who is married with two girls), and she said that she can't have you guys over at her house for a week, because after school exterminators will be over to get rid of ants. So she said that she was fine with you two staying home and her coming to check on you two, in the morning before she goes to work, after school Steven (her husband) will come check on you two, then at night she'll bring the whole gang over to check on you two."

"Alright that sounds fine."

"Oh I almost forgot! Bekah is going over to Natalie's house after school and will be home about 6:00ish because they are working on a project for school together."

"Alright so I just go home right after school?" 

"Yes, that's all. Bye see you next Friday, love you, Jessica." He said

"Bye love you too, Dad." I said before hearing a click that indicated he was off the phone now. 

I handed the phone back to the lady who gave it to me, then walked back to class. The second I opened the door, the bell rang for us to go to homeroom-last class of the day. I quickly ran into the room grabbed my stuff off my desk then darted to home room. 

My homeroom was teacher was a band teacher, my favorite teacher, the man who inspired my band to create Against the Flow. This homeroom was also the place where I had met most of my band. Besides, Neal, Moni, Joel, and Allison. The three boys grew up in church with me, and became my "brothers". Allison and I met at church also, but she is home schooled so she isn't in our homeroom. 

"Jessica!" I turned to see my band taking up two rows in the auditorium, that's where my homeroom is. 

I went over there and took a seat next to Neal.

"What did your Dad have to say?" Neal asked, we have all the same classes so he heard me being called down. 

"Oh just that his cousin passed away so he'll be in St.Louis doing the funeral and will be back in a week. That Brooke will check in on Bekah and us three times a day, and that Bekah is going over to a friend's to work on a project so not to wait on her." I said. Neal and I tell each other everything, I mean everything. 

"Aww I'm sorry, Jess," he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder and squeezing me. 

"I didn't know him, so there is no need for that."

"Fine then," he said taking his arm off of me and pretending to be mad. I just laughed and did the same, we were never really mad at each other.

About 30 minutes later the last bell of the day finally rang. I ran up to my locker grabbed my crap, and threw other crap into my backpack. 

I heard screaming and people chanting fight. I looked down the hallway and saw Sean Blackburn and Jake Spires fighting. I already knew who would win, Jake, then he would come over to me and try bragging about what he did. I rolled my eyes at the thought then continued walking toward the exit, but something stopped me dead in my tracks. 

Blood. I smelled blood. 

I felt my mouth begin to water. My mind was going to crazy telling me to get the blood. But there was no way that I could, or would do that. Not in public at least. 

I shoved past everyone who was standing in front of the exit, ignoring their rude comments to me. I darted to my truck, hopped in, and drove quickly to my house. 

The minute I parked I ran into the house, tossing my stuff onto  the dining room table, then turned on the kitchen sink and splashed some cold water onto my face as I tried to clear my mind from the blood thirsty thoughts. 

But the more I tried to do that the more I wanted the blood. I tried not to think about blood,  but of course that only made me want to think about it more. I was getting tired of fighting off my thoughts, so I quit fighting them. 

That's right, I allowed all of my blood thirsty thoughts to fill my mind and take over my body. It sure felt good and made me question why I hadn't allowed it sooner. 

I checked the time on the kitchen stove, it read 3:25. I had a little less than three hours to get some blood before Bekah got home. 

I walked over to the front door, set the alarm, then walked out of the house. I made sure that nobody was looking before I made my next move. I became a bird then took flight at the speed of a cheetah (75 mph) towards Manhattan. 

Manhattan was full of people and had a lot more people than Wards Island did. I told myself they wouldn't mind loosing a few people. I knew it was a lie, but I had to think of something to convince myself to fulfill my blood craving. 

Little did I know that after a while I wouldn't need to think of something to convince myself to fulfill my craving. I would soon be able to just get it over with, which could be a good thing when it came to fighting. But could also be a bad thing. A very, very, very, bad thing.

Not Your Typical Teenagerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें