Chapter 35: Ain't Nobody Dancin' Now

Jessica's P.O.V.

"Hello," A voice said from behind me. "What is a pretty lady, like yourself, doing up here alone?"

I turned to see my mission. The reason I was here. Loki

I wanted to grab him by his throat and strangle the life out of him. But I knew I couldn't do that so I at least wanted to confront him, tell him that he'd lose, show him who I was. But I couldn't do that either, so far he thought nobody besides S.H.I.E.L.D. knew who he was. 

"What does it look like I am doing...sir?" I gave a forced grin along with the forced 'sir'. 

"Well it is a dance and you don't seem to be dancing. And if you don't mind me saying so myself, I don't see why you haven't been asked to dance. Or have you and just rejected it?" He gave a smile, which gave me the chills. 

"No, uh, sir. I haven't been asked to dance." I really wanted to punch him over the stairway now for bothering me. I told myself that I shouldn't, no matter how much I wanted to, it would draw unneeded attention.

"I wonder why. You dressed up rather nicely and your eyes should be drawing people from miles away." 

He was correct about my eyes. It did attract most people. They were unusual. I had one green eye and one blue, which was odd. My eyes were ones to either draw people in or scare them away. 

(Jessica's eyes)

(Jessica's eyes)

"Thank you sir, you're so kind." The sarcasm in my voice was very obvious. 

"Aren't you a little young to be here by yourself?" His eye brows moved closer as he glared at me, as if studying every feature of me. Creepy thought. 

"I don't believe there was an age to enter. And besides aren't you asking a little too many questions for what is considered polite around here." My voice rose a little. 

He smirked. "Well dear I'm not really from around here. But I get the point I'll be going." 

I watched as he turned from me and began to walk down the concrete steps. I wanted to walk after him and shove him down the concrete steps, just to help him get to the bottom faster. 

Loki's body language showed that our talk didn't effect him. In fact he was walking as if it had never happened. He quickly walked down the steps swaying his scepter, which I hadn't noticed he had before. By the way he was carrying it, I could tell he was planning on using it. Which wouldn't end well.

And no matter how much I wanted to go down there and stop Loki, now and after he used his scepter. I couldn't. I promised Phil that I would only spy. This is when my anger gets tested. When I have to watch bad things happen, that I could've prevented, but aren't allowed to. 

I watched in horror as a man, whom I assumed was security, tried to stop Loki-with no luck. Loki whipped his scepter around and struck the man's head. The man fell over and seemed to have blacked out.