Chapter 24: Time to Begin

BACK TO JESSICA'S P.O.V.! PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE, AND GIVE ME IDEAS! EVEN IF I DON'T USE YOUR EXACT IDEA I MAY STILL USE PART OF IT! 

Great, I thought. Now what?  

My pups were growling, which was typical and not to surprising-unless you could read their thoughts. Eve was growling that there was a man walking outside the basement door, which was super close to my bedroom. Bella let off a warning about the man having a weapon. That got my attention.

I got up out of my bed and glanced at my clock-1:24 AM. Who the heck is outside my basement door, with a weapon, at this hour? I quickly changed into my Predator outfit then threw my PJs back on top of it. I wasn't planning on killing whoever it was right away. I was a person of my word, if I said I wouldn't do what I had been doing before then I wouldn't, and besides that I owed that agent my life.  

I tipped toed up the stairs to turn off the alarm the silently made my way back down the stairs. I went into my room and grabbed my baseball bat. Yes, I do have a baseball bat in my room, you never know what you may cross in New York, so always come prepared. 

I took a deep breath then raised raised the bat as I opened up the door. The second the door was open I jumped out, tackling the man to the ground. The moment that he made contact with the ground a gush of wind brought his scent up to my nose. The agent. 

"Predator!" The agent whispered loudly. "I thought you changed!" 

I quickly jumped off of him and pulled him off the ground and to his feet. "Sorry!" I said feeling guilty. "I didn't know it was you, agent. I just heard my dogs going on about there being a man outside with a weapon so this was not another Predator deal, it was me trying to protect my house. I promise!" 

He sighed and his face relaxed a little bit. "Alright I believe you, Jessica. I need you come with me to train."

"Now?" I asked confused on why in the world we would train at this hour.

"Yes, lets go."

I found no point in arguing so I just followed him out. I figured I would be back before my family woke up then would turn back on the alarm, no big deal. 

About half an hour later:

"I know that its not much, but since the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. thinks you're dead I can't use S.H.I.E.L.D." Coulson said as he was unlocking a door to what I assumed was where we were going to train. "I will try to sneak you into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s soon, but for now," he shoved open the door. "This is it." 

I couldn't believe that he was saying that this wasn't much, if this isn't than what is? It was awesome! The room was basically just one big mat, from top to bottom, side to side, all mats. There was punching bags, weight lifting, treadmills, and a  track in the far side of the huge room. I ran to a closest behind a bench and opened it. It was filled with tazers, knives, guns, chains, and every other weapon that could be thought of. 

I turned to face the agent, a huge grin on my face. "So when do we start?" 

He laughed then made a strange face as he looked at something behind me. "What in the world is that?" 

I turned to see what he was looking at. But I didn't see anything, besides the mat which I was now laying on. I can't believe I fell for probably the oldest trick in the book.