Chapter 10: Why?

Author-chan: One word.....school
I think you know where I'm going with this. Anyways, enjoy the story!
P.S.   ~     <---- this symbol means Timeskip
(Slight Gaara x Reader in this chapter)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person P.O.V

"Taylor, I'm sorry but I have to let you go."

"I understand. Just go away, and stay away! Go to the woman that you got pregnant! I will never forgive you, John!"

"NO! What the heck, John?!? How could you do this?!" y/n yelled at the TV.

"My life is over. They were the perfect couple..." y/n said slouching in the couch.

"Alright y/n that's enough TV. You still have to go to school."  Your mom informed you.

"Oh crap! I forgot! Thanks Mom!" y/n quickly ran out the house and decided to walk to school instead.

It was quite weird. It was always loud and crazy outside. But, right now it was like this place was abandoned. You started hearing noises and picked up your pace without knowing it.

~

Your P.O.V

I'm so glad I got to school. I'm never, ever walking to school again. NEVER AGAIN!

Walking into the school, I saw a familiar red-head.

"Hey Gaara! How are you?" I gave him a smile.

He seemed a bit startled at first, but quickly recovered as he saw me.

"Oh hello y/n. You quite scared me. I'm doing fine, how about you?" Gaara greeted.

"Ok I guess. Just some advice..." I got closer to his ear.

"Don't ever walk to school. It can be dangerous." I stepped back and acted like I was frightened.

He nodded and waved good-bye. I waved back of course.
I walked to my first period. Surprisingly, I didn't see Naruto anywhere.

'Maybe he's sick. I'll just check up on him later." I made a mental note and started doing my school work.

~

It was time for lunch, so I went outside where my friends were. Ever since everyone got in a relationship, I felt kinda awkward. Ino started dating Sai. Choji started dating some girl named Karui. Shikamaru was dating Temari, which I was surprised by the fact that the lazy-ass actually got a girlfriend. Lee wasn't seeing anyone, but I'm not into him. Neji and TenTen are going out. Kankuro is a player, so he can't really keep one girlfriend for a long time. Gaara? Well, I'm not sure. Gaara doesn't really seem like the person who'd date someone. Anyways, Kiba and Hinata are together. This was a surprise, too. I thought Hinata really liked Naruto, but ever since she dated Kiba, she completely forgot about Naruto.

(Author-chan:  Am I the only one who doesn't ship Naruto and Hinata? I think Hinata and Kiba are perfect for each other >~<)

All the guys were with their girlfriends and talking. Gaara and I were making small talk and it eventually got REALLY awkward for both of us. Everyone was cuddling or kissing and I felt uncomfortable.

"y/n I think we should go somewhere else..."Gaara said standing up.

"Agreed." I simply said while being pulled up.

We ended up on the roof and just enjoying the clouds.

"I see why Shika enjoys watching clouds. It's kinda interesting." I stated.

"Yeah. Cloud watching always seemed boring. It's not so bad though." Gaara replied.

We stayed in silence for a while until I heard someone speaking.

"Narutooo! Why are you always hanging out with y/n? When you can have all this?" The unknown person said.

I stood up and leaned on the railing to see what was happening. Ugh....Sakura. I hate her so mu- Wait I thought Naruto wasn't here.

Right before I was about to say something, Sakura started making out with Naruto. I felt a sharp pain in my heart. I thought Naruto was the one for me. I was filled with jealousy. I could just, I could just....UGH! He wasn't even pulling away. It seemed like he was actually enjoying it. Why does Sakura have to be such a slut?

This brings me back to when Sasuke cheated on me with Billboard brow. Even though I said I'd never forgive Sasuke for that, we became friends. But still, I'd never forgive him nor did I tell anyone I was friends with him.

I felt arms wrap around me and burry their head in my hair. I held onto there arms and could tell it was Gaara from the corner of my eye.

"y/n, please don't cry. I want to see that beautiful smile of yours." Gaara said softly.

I didn't even realize that I was crying at that moment. I turned around and hugged him.

"Thanks Gaara for trying to cheer me up." I snuggled into his chest.

For some reason, Gaara makes me want to know him more and hold him like this forever. Just something about him is comforting when I'm down.

I let go of him and went back into the building. I called my mom to pick me up and take me home.

"Hey Mom, can you pick me up from school?" I asked her on the phone.

"Honey! Did something happen?! Why do you sound like you're crying? Did someone beat you up?!? Wait, until I get my hands on th-" I rudely interrupted my mom.

"No, Mom. I just feel sick and I'm crying because I have a really bad headache and stomachache." I quickly made up a lie.

"Ok. Be there in 10 minutes." She said before she hung up.

~

"Thanks Mom for picking me up." I smiled and climbed into the car.

"No problem, sweetie. Now let's go home so you can get some sleep." My mom said as she drove off the school property.

I put my earphones on and listened to "7 years" by Lukas Graham. One of my favorite songs right now. The only question I had in my head was.....

Why?