So close yet so far

2 more months later

Entry #8

It didn't work. I used the last one a week ago. It didn't seem to make a difference.

Seto's POV

We left the magic library. We are now in the tunnels. We can't find anything. Not even a trace! But we can find dungeons quickly. But I thank Phantom for that. With Phantom able to go through walls he helps us find rooms in the tunnels.

We've found dungeons that would hold a End portal but no matter if we go through the whole thing 10 times there is no portal. And considering that it's a portal it would have some magic coming off it. Even the smallest trace I can pick up, but there's no trace of magic anywhere.

Just them Phantom came through the wall. "Anything?" Mitch asked. Phantom looked down and shook his head. Mitch nodded. Phantom walked up beside me. I looked up at the tunnels. There was a three way split up ahead. We all came to a stop where it split up.

"So, which way should we go?" Ross asked. "Well we don't want to be going in circles, so left?" Quentin suggests. "I don't know, how about right?" Ty asked. "Straight?" Ian asked. Then everyone started having an argument of which way to go.

I just stood there. "Really?" I ask but no one heard me. I look at Phantom who just rolled his eyes at them. Then Phantom looked at the tunnel that turned right. He moved closer to it. It looked like he heard something. He then runs over to me. "Down there!" Phantom half yelled.

I nodded then looked to the rest of the group. Then I looked back to Phantom. "I got it." He said then went over to the group of fighting people. He sat 1 block away from the chaos. He then lifted up his arm and brung it down. His hand hit the ground and everyone stopped fighting and started jumping around like something was attacking their feet.

And their fighting about which way to go turned into small yelps of 'ouch'. Then they stopped and looked at Phantom. "Never underestimate the power of electricity." Phantom said. They all stared at Phantom as he walked over to the right tunnel.

They then all looked at me. I shrugged and followed Phantom. They followed as well. "If only he said Budder instead of electricity." I heard Mitch laugh. Phantom looks at them. Then without warning Phantom through Budder at Mitch.

And it hit him square in the face. Everyone stared laughing their heads off. "Never underestimate the power of BUDDER!" Phantom yelled. And then kept walking. "You got what you asked for." Jerome laughed.

Mitch wiped the Budder off his face and followed. "Are we sure that Phantom isn't half Sky?" Jason giggled. Phantom rolled his eyes at that comment. And we kept walking. To where? I don't know. Then Phantom slowed down and went next to the wall.

I could sense some magic. Did we find the portal? Then Phantom went through the wall and he came and ran around the corner almost running into me. He skidded on the stone and signalled for us to follow. He ran around the corner and we all ran after him.

And as soon as we came around the corner there was a room that looked like a dungeon. We all looked at each other then walked into the room. "Is this the portal?" Max asked. "I think so." Jason said. I walked in last and before I went in I heard a tripwire go off.

it was probably just my imagination. I went over to the portal to see if we needed eyes of Ender. It had all the eyes of Ender in it. But it wasn't activated. Weird. So I poked the portal and my hand went right through it.

It's a hologram. I heard something that sounded like a portal but not at the same time. That's when I realized that it was a magic force field that would be able to suffocate us if we got trapped in it. But it moves slowly. We have time to get out.

"We need to get out of here." I said calmly. They all looked at me weirdly. "Why? This is Sky's portal, we can free him." Ian asked. "It's not real it's a hologram!" I half yelled. "Now come on!" I half yelled.

They still didn't think it was fake. "And if it's not real it's not like anything bad could happen..... Right?" Quentin said. "Actually there is a magic force field going around this room that could suffocate us if it fully closes." I said. They all looked at me in shock.

"Ok then what are we waiting for?" Ross asked. "RUN!!" Everyone yelled. And we all ran for the entrance of the room. As we got to the entrance we could all see the green force field slowly coming down to trap us in. It was so low to the ground we had to slide out of the room.

We all made it. And as soon as Phantom got through the force field closed. We all stared into the room through the transparent green force field. Everything inside the force field was cracking and crumbling. "I thought you said it would suffocate us." Jerome said.

"I did." I said. "Then how come everything is disintegrating?" Ty asked. "I think it would also disintegrate anything the force field is around, atom by atom." I said. They all had their mouths wide open as to what they just heard.

"Well it's a good thing we got out of there then." Ross said. We all nodded. "But that means that we didn't find the real portal." Ty said. "We were so close too......I mean other then the fact that it was fake." Max said. We all nodded.

"Why would there be a fake one anyway?" Ian asked. We all thought for a moment. And as if we read each other's minds we all said "Notch." In unison. "*sigh* should we start looking for the real one then?"Quentin asked. We all nodded. And we went down the 2 by 2 tunnels.

Sky's POV

I turned off the window thing. It'll turn back in if they find anything close or something like that. I looked into the pure darkness and realized how empty this world was. Well other then the platform it's pretty empty.

It was pretty dark. But it doesn't bother me. I looked to the ground. My eyes illuminating a dime yellow light on the obsidian. My eyes were the only thing glowing in this darkness o a dimension. Almost as if acting like a flashlight.

"Heh, flashlight eyes." I said knowing that no one would be able to respond. I looked around. No one. I know I'm the only one here but I wish at least someone or something was here. I miss my friends.

I miss my family, I miss everyone close to me. I just want to see them again, in person and not through a window thing. I had tears in my eyes now. I wiped them away. It's only been 4 mouths.

I swear if I stay any longer I will go crazy. I looked over to the closed window. I just want to see m friends, family, and the beautiful overworld scenery. It's better then absolute nothingness.

Time is all that everyone is looking at. That they only have this amount of time left to free me and Dad. As long as they don't almost get trapped again by disintegrating force fields they'll be fine. But I don't want them getting hurt looking for my portal.

"Just stay safe guys." I said to them as if they were there.