Found

One day left

Entry #24

  The gilt is killing me. The portals have to be opened tomorrow. I didn't sleep last night. I was thinking about it. That's it! I'm going!

*static noises*

Seto's POV

One day. That's all we have. We have to open the portals tomorrow, and we still haven't even found Sky's portal. Just like EnderBrine said, I was getting confused with the magic signature, and it was annoying me.

Phantom and Reaper have been looking everywhere and can't find anything. We turned a corner and it was a dead end. We all sighed heavily in annoyance. "That's it, bottom line! We aren't going to find it." Ian said flaring his arms in the air.

He leaned on the wall and slid down to the ground. "There has to be another way." Ty said. "How? We've tried everything!" Ian said. "We can't just give up on him! He would probably turn the world inside out to find the portal for us if we were trapped!" Ty yelled at Ian.

Ian didn't answer. We were all silent for a while. "Does anyone have any ideas?" I asked. They all looked to me. No one said anything, but their expressions said it all. They didn't have any ideas. I leaned on the wall and slid to the ground.

I had my knees to my chest. I rested my head in my knees. Phantom then came over and sat down beside me. I looked to him. "Oh Phantom, what are we going to do?" I half whispered. He gave a sad look.

He laid down beside me. I put my hand on him slowly stroking his wing. He didn't move, he just starred at the wall across from us. Reaper came over and laid down beside his friend. I looked to my friends. They had all sat down on the ground leaning on the wall.

Some had their head in their hands, and others were just staring off into space. I felt Phantom shift. I then felt something moving around in my pocket. I looked to see Phantom getting something from my robe pocket.

He ended up pulling out a yellow gem. He set it down in front of his snout. He laid his head on floor starring at the gem. It's small glow giving a little bit of light. Reaper looked at it with wonder. He laid his head on the ground staring at the gem.

He had a look of wonder, curiosity, and sadness. Phantom had I look of complete sadness. I looked to the gem admiring the delightful and friendly glow it gave off. I looked closely at the gem. Then it clicked.

This gem was a wisp gem! I was over joyed. I jumped up from my spot. It caught everyone's attention. They all looked at me confused. Phantom and Reaper had the same expression. I picked up the yellow gem. I pointed to it. "It's a wisp gem!" I said happily.

Their faces lit up and they got up from their spots. "Do you think it will work with portals?" Jerome asked. "Only one way to find out." I said. I then whispered to the gem. "Sky's banishment portal."

It started to glow brighter then what it was. It started to levitate off my hand and into the air. Reaper watched in amazement. Phantom was over joyed and getting ready to chase the gem. I smiled widely. So did everyone else.

The gem then started to float out of the tunnel we were in and turned left. Once it did so it got faster. We starting speed walking after it. It went straight then left again. It got faster. We had to jog after it now.

Phantom was glowing slightly. Reaper was blending in with the shadows more. They were ready to follow it. It turned right then went left. It got faster. It didn't get to much faster so we just kept jogging.

It made multiply turns and got faster every now and then. We were now running after it. It was starting to get too fast. Phantom ran ahead of us with Reaper right beside him. They ran after the wisp gem almost leaving us in the dust.