twenty four

adyel

the rest of the consisted of me having one huge anxiety attack. I went over to our coffee and tea station. "hey adyel." aaron greeted me.

"hey." I gave him a small smile. "hey baby doll." Ethan came up behind me.

Ethan looked at Aaron pouring about 6 packs of sugar in his coffee. "woah, pretty boy. have some coffee with your sugar." he laughed.

"long night?" Ethan asked Aaron as he poured more sugar in his coffee.

"very." aaron looked down at his coffee.

"my man!" Ethan patted his back enthusiastically.

"not that kind of long night!" aaron rolled his eyes.

I laughed as aaron walked away, obviously annoyed. I started stirring my tea as ethan looked at the side of my head.

"babyd-"

"ethan we just got in trouble for saying stuff like that. that whole seminar was about us." I spat.

"so what?" he furrowed his eyebrows together and scoffed.

"so, i don't want to get in trouble by matthew." i threw a napkin away.

"have i ever, in the whole four years of working here listened to matthew?" he spat.

"maybe you should start now." i suggested.

"matthew may be section chief but he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. he's a pus-"

"hey guys!" grayson came over with his goofass smile. (I love that smile lol)

"hi," i replied.

"bye guys!" grayson walked away with his coffee.

"listen to me baby. what's wrong with you?" ethan grabbed my arms and made me look at him.

"ethan, because i love you i'm asking you not to do this." i sighed.

"no i'm going to figure out what's going on with you, and when i do you're going to be in trouble." he winked.

i gave him a small smile because i didn't want him to worry. but the truth his he had every right to worry; not about me but about himself. if brooklyn finds out where i am & my real name, my whole team is in danger. i'm not gonna let home hurt my team. i'll die before he can get to my team.

****

"okay stass, i'll talk to you later." i hung up from talking to one of my best friends anastasia. (my girl stass !!)

i walked to my kitchen & set my things down. it seemed cooler than usual in my penthouse. i went to my living room to see a window open.

i furrowed my eyebrows and closed the window. i took my gun out of my holster and scoped my penthouse out.

i called downstairs to the front desk to see if one of the housekeepers had been in here. no one was.

he's here.

and he wants revenge.

my phone started ringing.

incoming call from gorgeous

"hi eth." i huffed, running my fingers through my hair.

"hi babydoll, wanna meet me at the coffee shop downtown?" he pleaded.

"yeah, i'll meet you there in ten." i grabbed my keys and my purse, locked my door and went to the coffee shop.

i sat waiting for ethan for what felt like forever. until I saw that gorgeous sculpted jawline, carved by god himself.

"sorry babe, i got caught in traffic." he looked at his menu.

"it's okay." i smiled.

i ordered a chai tea and a panini & ethan ordered a vanilla latte with a panini.

when the bill came i dug for my wallet but ethan stopped me. "ah ah ah, what are you doing?" he raised an eyebrow.

"paying for my drink and food?" i looked at him like he was stupid.

"no, i asked you out on this date. i'm paying." he threw a twenty on the table.

"so tell me, why did you invite me to this 'date'?" i put air quotes around date.

"well my dear, i broke it off with my girlfriend today and i needed to have a date with my partner in crime." he winked.

when he told me he broke up with his girlfriend, i choked on air. he seriously broke up with her.

"well i'm sorry eth." i lied.

"that's okay, hottie. hey i should get back. i have to look at some more cases with cameron. i'll see you at seven am?" he hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"you know it." i smiled

••••

i walked around downtown ending up at another coffee shop. i ordered two coffee's, one for me and one for the hot devil.

i felt a hand on my back about five minutes later. "i knew you were watching me." i spat.

"you should know better than to keep a lady waiting." i raised my eyebrows.

"seems hypocritical of you, considering i had to wait seven years." he looked at me.

"hello brooklyn." i sighed

"hello lauren."

"oh wait, i'm sorry. lauren reynolds died in a car accident. so let me try that again." he smirked.

"hello, adyel." his dirty smirk played on his lips.

i sat there and glared at him. "what do you want?" i spat.

"you. oh not today don't worry about that, but soon." he stared at me.

i glared at him. "i've got a glock leveled at your crotch. what's to stop me from taking you and the little ones out right now?" i glared.

"you'd never make it back to your car and you know it." he smirked.

"tell me, does the lovely jack dail know the truth about you or is he too busy finding new hacking codes to care? and you're all alone while cameron sits at home with his son and why didn't grayson and nate invite you to play video games in the lounge? why didn't ethan ask you to come with him to meet up with grayson and nate? maybe they thought you'd be on the metro with doctor carpenter, now that one does have some quirks." he smirked, nodding.

"come near my team and i will end you." i glared.

"i don't have a problem with them. how long that remains the case will be on you. they're innocent, you're not."

"i was doing my job." i explained.

"i think you did a little more than that. you took the only thing that matter to me." he fought back.

"so i'm going to take the only thing that matters to you. your life." he sat a gold match box with a shamrock on it.

"tell me adyel chapman, how do you think you'll end up?" he asked before walking away.

A/N

TOLD YALL THERE'D BE SUM BEEF, AND YES IF YALL ARE WONDERING, BROOKLYN IS BROOKLYN BECKHAM BC DAMN BROOKLYN BECKDAMN - I ACTUALLY HATE MYSELF FOR THAT