forty

BOYYY THOSE BLUE EYES. no one reads this and i'm sad bc i really like this book. :(

💫

grayson

"i didn't walk into your trap, you walked into mine." kat smirked over the table. i just stared at her.

"where's your head, grayson?" she scooted closer to me. "what are you thinking about?"

"i was thinking about entropy." i nodded. "mhmm." she placed her hand on my knee and drug it across my thigh up to my hip where my gun sat.

"there's your gun." she took it out of the holster.

(grayson carrying a gun has me thinking ethan who)

"good evening." a waiter came to our table. "hi, we've been having so much fun getting to know each other we'll let you know when we're ready to order." she smiled as the waiter walked away.

"now that we've got that out of the way, would you tell your little friend over there at the bar to disappear?" she looked me in the eye the whole time.

"saleh stand down." cameron said into the mic. saleh sat her drink down and started walking towards the kitchen.

"thanks for playing, sweetie." kat smiled as she walked past us.

saleh shot her a dirty look.

"if she learns how many agents we have outside, she'll start shooting. nate and aaron be ready to take her out." cameron said again.

"no problem." nate said sipping his drink.

"grayson, do not let her get up from the table." cameron said.

"okay you're in charge. tell me what you want and i'll see if i can get it here for you." i made a deal.

"anything i want?" she said clicking her tongue.

"anything."

"so if i ask for a million dollars and a first class plane to aruba, you'll get it for me?" she smirked.

i shrugged. "yeah right, this is a set up." she put her head in her palm. "this is to distract me so what i'm guessing is a big law enforcement take down can come in here and arrest me. is that the plan?" she asked.

"that's the plan." i smiled.

"okay, let's talk. but let's talk about something interesting. tell me about me." she spoke. "you?" i said staring at her. "you're a black widow hit woman. you specialize in seduction and you're patient. you try to find out about everything you can about the men you're hired to kill. psychologically and emotionally because you want them as comfortable as you can before you kill them."

"and when i do it really good, they kill themselves." she winks. "they overthink and go insane." she sipped her water.

"give me your phone." she demanded.

"why?" i asked.

"because i know what i want now, i wanna play a game." she nodded. "do you like games?" she asked. "i do." i smiled. "do you win?" she bit her lip.