///13\\\

***Brett's POV***

I was eating lunch with Caden when he got a phone call. I got up and put my plate in the sink when he took the call. I heard his fork hit the plate roughly, I just assumed he dropped it. "Okay! We will be right there! Just calm down!" He said hanging up the phone and sprinting into the kitchen. "BRO! COME ON! KYLIE GOT IN A WRECK!" He yelled. I felt my eyes widen, I dropped everything in my hands and darted out the door, the keys were already in my back pocket.

We sped to the hospital and parked the car in the nearest parking space. We ran in and probably looked psycho but I didn't care, Kylie could be dying!

"Where is Kylie Smith?!" Caden asked. "Relations?" The lady behind the counter asked calmly. "Brother and boyfriend!" I said quickly. "Room 106." She said and I swore under my breath.

Rooms 80-150 are the ER rooms, that means it was a really bad crash.

Caden and I ran down the hall and into the room that said 106.

Kylie was laying on a bed, her eyes were closed and Mrs. Smith was sitting in a chair on the other side of the room, crying. Caden went to comfort his mom and I ran and pulled a chair up by Kylie.

"We will give you two a moment alone." I hear Mrs. Smith say, I heard footsteps then the door opened and closed again.

"Kylie...I don't know if you can hear me right now...but just wake up! Please! Just open your eyes and let me see your perfect blue eyes again. Please... It's all I want right now. I love you Kylie..." I said, by now I had grabbed her cold hand and had it between mine, I rested my forehead on her arm. "Please." I said feebly.

I stood up and kissed her forehead and stared at her for a few seconds until I walked out of the room.

"Your turn Caden." I said. "I will be right back, I have to step outside." I said as I left.

I went outside and took a cigarette out of my back pocket, I lit it and let the nicotine fill my lungs.

"Hey! That's not good for you mister!" I hear a familiar voice say. I looked up and saw Lizzy and Jack getting out of Lizzy's car. "I know...but Kylie..." I said trailing off. "I know, just...never mind." Lizzy said walking in. "Say your her sister and brother." I told them and they nodded.

•••

I went back in the hospital and to Kylie's room after the cigarette was gone. I walked in and saw everyone crowded around Kylie's bed. I stood off to the side, out of everyone's view. "Where's Brett?" I heard Kylie say quietly. "I'm right here." I say stepping into the circle. I sat down right next to her and took her hand. "Can we have a minute?" She asked.

Everyone left and it was just Kylie and I. "I heard it all..." She said making my heart skip a beat. "You did?" I asked and she nodded. "You think my eyes are perfect?" She asked and I laughed a little. "Yeah." I said. "I love you too." She said and her eyes were shifty.

I kissed her lips lightly and she smiled and looked at my eyes. She sat up and stretched. She kissed my cheek. "Help me get up." She said. I helped her stand up.

•••

She got dressed and I helped her with her crutches, her injuries were:

-broken right leg
-shattered left wrist

Nothing too bad but it also means she can't play and sports for a while.

"What are you supposed to do about your fight tomorrow?" I asked her and she tensed up. "I will still fight." She said. "What?!" I asked her. "Aún lucharé." She said. "Huh?" I asked again. "Well...you didn't understand it in English so I said it in Spanish which I am fluent in." She said and I laughed, shaking my head at her. We walked out and saw her mom filling out paperwork. "Hi honey, you can go home. I got this for you. Caden is waiting in the car for your guys. I won't be home, I'm going to work." She said and Kylie nodded and walked...I mean...i don't know...crutched out...

•••

When we got back home, she just went upstairs and fell asleep on her bed.