Two: When Push Comes To Shove

(???)

I talk to her, attempting to reason with her words. "You can't keep her there forever. You'll get attached, and then how will Asgore--" "Maybe I don't want Asgore to get her soul!" She yells. A long, steady silence fills the room. I hear footsteps and muffled talking. A battle has started. I use my magic to barely open the door. I can only see the outline of a teenage girl blocking and dodging Tori's attacks. The human is screaming at Toriel, telling her not to fight. Toriel's attacks start to move away from the girl. I'm shocked. Toriel is... Not fighting?

(Your POV)

Toriel falls to the floor. I rush over and make sure she's okay. "I can't keep you here, human child. But when you leave, you will die. But before you go, I shall give you something helpful for the journey ahead." Toriel leaves and comes back with a delicious looking pie. "T-thank you Toriel." She nods and turns to leave, look at me as I leave. I swear, I saw a flash of glowing red before setting eyes on the flower again. " Y O U   W O N ' T   L A S T   M U C H   L O N G E R ,   H U M A N   G I R L . " He hisses before disappearing. I walk further towards the end of the ruins, the white light blinding me. I feel a cold rush through me. Someone knows I'm here. Someone know I'm hurt. Someone wants me D E A D.

I shuffle through the snow, making my feet and legs colder as I get buried in the ice. I finally arrive at a gate. I hear footsteps. "Nope nope nope nope BAGS OF NOPE nope nonooooope!" I yelp as I rush through the gate. I nearly faint at the sight of a horrifically tall skeleton with what looks like blood on his teeth standing right in front of me. "Ah!" I scream, falling backwards into the snow. Another skeleton stands above me, with one glowing red eye and a jagged hole in the left side of his skull. "THERE'S MORE OF THEM OH MY GOD" I whisper-scream. The taller of the two looks confused, and the other one looks amused at my behavior. 

"OH MY ASGORE IS THAT A HUMAN?" Shrieks the taller one. He reaches his hand out for me. He seems kind... The other, not so much. He just seems interested. "I AM PAPYRUS, AND THIS IS MY BROTHER SANS." "Like the fonts?" "NYEH?" "Like the-- Actually never mind." I snicker at his clueless behavior. Sans glares at you. "Why are you annoyed, Sans? I didn't think anything could get under your skin! " Papyrus looks horrified. "NOOOOOO WHY COULDN'T THE HUMAN HATE PUNS NO PLEASE!" And that just makes me laugh harder. I begin to wonder how far I could take this. "Sorry, I'm not really thinking straight right now. I guess I'm  just... Bone-tired! " Papyrus screams. Sans glares. I'm laughing my ass off, trying not to fall. "Tibia honest I thought that skeleton joke could stop your skullking! " Then Papyrus runs off. "...Why did you do that?" Sans mumbles. "You are holding in laughter, I can tell!" I giggle. Sans is smiling, but isn't laughing. "No, I'm not." "Yeah you areeeee!" I sing, as I laugh. "...Gotta go bye..." He disappears suddenly. I shrug and keep moving. I'm sure I'll see them again. I look at a small, yellow star floating near a tree on the path. I let my hand hover over it. 

*Seeing someone safe fills you with... COURAGE.

You smile. However, the flower's words still echo in your mind.

" D O N ' T   G E T    T O   C L O S E . "

(A/N: I hope you liked this chapter, also I finished STAAR testing yesterday so I can update more now. :D See you soon! BOI!)