Our Final Wishes.

Outside Perspective

Of course, the title was quite misleading. They were not dying, nor were they fated to die. Perhaps it's awful writing. Perhaps it's brilliant writing. Either way, when they stepped through the portal, it was clear that there were multiple versions of Sans. And yet, only one (Y/N). How absurd. How is someone special enough to be so original to the point to where there is no point in becoming less or more than just one person? It sounds strange, I know. But it is common fact. Certain people cannot be replicated. They cannot be replicated because they are different. But not in the way you know. They are not a special little snowflake. Nobody is. That term is used to pity sad, alone, fools who cannot think above their own heads. Perhaps I am being harsh? Fact and opinion are easily mixed up. Mixed into something strange and new. Opinion can become fact. It all depends on your rankings, your station. Your role in the world, in the government. You control things, but what? Well, you control your thoughts. And your emotions. Simply standing up could be your choice. Although in certain situations, you lose control over choices. Forcing you to stand or walk. At the will of another through pressure or possession. Everything in Frisk's life was by design. They woke up. Went through a run. Made choices. Reset. And woke up. They were curious, but as they say, 'curiosity killed the cat.' 

Cats are known to be agile and, of course, curious. Frisk was both, dodging attacks, running. But curious? That was something that would be dangerous but helpful. Sure, they learned a lot. But... This is what they got, right? Stuck forever in a timeline. When a certain Sans got bored, he, during the period of time of an occurring reset, moved Frisk into a silent timeline. That timeline was empty. Empty, emotionless, dead. Soulless. It was a timeline which had one route. One ending. One character. Frisk, alone. Frisk could look through every nook in the underground and  never see one essence of life. And no matter how many resets they tried, they could never find a way out. Frisk was trapped.

And in their place, (Y/N) appeared. In some universes, like Underfell, her trait glitches, as she isn't a stable protagonist. She isn't supposed to be here, but when created, she only saw one possibility of being out of place. She knew that she was going to die in one timeline. Horrortale. 

But the question remains.

Now what?