Chapter Nine

Andy's POV:

8 months later

I sat in the waiting room of the hospital, both of my legs shaking uncontrollably. Alex was in labor, and she has been for about an hour. I would be in the delivery room, but my nerves got the best of me. "Andrew? Is there an Andrew Biersack here?" A doctor dressed in scrubs entered the waiting room. "Uh yeah, that's me" I stood up awkwardly. "Would you like to meet your daughter?" He gestured to the room across the hall. I took a deep breath as I approached the door. I cautiously stepped in and saw Alex sitting up holding a very small bundle.

"Hi." She smiled and waved me over to her. I stood next to the left side of the bed to get a better look at my, technical, stepdaughter. "I have good news." Alex placed her free hand on top of mine. "She is yours. Damon forged the papers." A sleepy smile was painted across her face. "Are you serious?" Alex nodded and handed the small human to me. I held her carefully, as if she were a doll made of porcelain.

"She's beautiful." I couldn't help but tear up. She was so beautiful and the fact that she was mine made this moment so much better. She was swaddled in a light pink blanket, a matching hat sat on her small head. "What's her name?" I whispered, careful not to wake the baby. 

"I don't know, we haven't really talked about it." She laid back in bed, shrugging. "We? Don't you want to name her?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Well, she's your daughter too. I want your opinion." Alex laughed weakly. "I don't know... it should be something unique though." She nodded in agreement.

"Give me some ideas" She said as I cradled the baby in my arms. "Hmm... I really like Scarlet, Raven, Violet, Morticia, Octavia..." My voice trailed off as the baby begin to fuss. "I guess she likes Octavia then." Alex smiled brightly. "But, do you like it?" I questioned. "I love it. It's beautiful and unique." She smiled and reached for her phone. "Say cheese!" She snapped a couple pictures of Octavia and I. The small infant had light brown hair and big light blue eyes, like mine.

There was a knock on the door. The doctor poked his head in. "May I interrupt?" He gave a big smile and walked in when Alex nodded. "May I?" The short-white haired man approached me and held out his arms. He took the newborn from my hands. "Hello Andrew, my name is Dr. Jenson. Have you guys decided on a name yet?" The doctor laid her down in a small rectangular bed that was screwed on top of a wheeling cabinet.

"Yes, her name is Octavia." Alex told him with a smile. "Octavia Roberts, what a beautiful name." Dr. Jenson pulled out a stethoscope and checked Octavia's heart beat. "She's 6.2 pounds of healthy." He smiled and let the baby drift off back to sleep. "Get some rest Ms. Roberts. We'll sort out Octavia's birth certificate tomorrow morning before you leave." He then wandered out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

"So, are you going to keep her last name Roberts?" I took a seat in the rocking chair beside the bed. "Yeah, why wouldn't I?" She shrugged as if it were a stupid question. "Because usually the baby gets the father's last name..." I took a deep breath. 

"But, we're not married." She laughed. "Not yet." Her cheesy smile washed away. "Oh..." She lowered her eyes. "Do you not see a future for us?" Alex didn't answer. "Well... not now, no" She sighed. "Then tell me when you do." I pulled the small box out of my pocket and tossed it on the foot of the bed, walking out of the room.

A/N: This was just a quick little update since I won't have time to update over the weekend. Let me know what you think!