Chapter Twenty

Alexandria's POV

I was terrified and confused. Andy hasn't sounded that worried since... "Damon." I began to pack quicker when I realized what was going on. Octavia sat in her swing, confused as well. "Don't worry babygirl, I won't let anything happen to you." I placed a kiss on her forehead and picked her up, grabbing a suitcase as well.

I double checked to make sure that all of the windows and doors were locked. I grabbed the keys to the car and went to the garage. I tossed the suitcase in the trunk and buckled Tav into her seat.

I got into the driver seat, pushing the button from inside the car that automatically opened the garage door. I quickly backed out and sped down the road, the garage door closing behind me. I pulled out my phone and called Andy. 

"Alex, is everything okay?" I sighed in relief at the sound of his voice. "Yes, I'm fine. Are you okay?" I asked. "I'll be fine. Listen to me, and try not to panic. Damon wants you, not Tav. He said he's giving me 24 hours to get you to him, and if I don't..." His frantic voice trailed off.

"He'll kill me, well... us." His voice returned, this time only quieter and I didn't like what he had to say. "Andy, it's your turn to listen. I have to go. I know he won't hurt me-" He cut me off. "No! I'm not losing you to him again." He pleaded. "Andy, trust me." I protested. "I trust you, but I don't trust Damon." He retaliated. "Andy, I'm sorry but I have to do this" And with that, I hung up. 

My chest tightened as I stepped on the gas pedal. I needed to get Octavia to the guys as soon as possible. The sun was rising quickly and time was running out. 15 minutes later, I whipped into the driveway, the headlights shining on the gate. I texted CC to let me in with shaky hands.  He did as told.

I sped in, the gate closing behind me. CC walked out to my car, taking out Tav's car seat. "The suitcase is in the trunk." My voice was quiet. "Alex I'm not letting you leave, I promised Andy-" "Fuck Andy! I'm old enough to make my own decisions! I'm tired of him running my life and telling me what I can and can't do! He's so fucking controlling, it's like he has me locked in a cell. Well, guess what? I'm breaking out. I'm sick of people getting hurt because of me. It's time that I protect myself for once. Andy needs to stop making my problems his. I love him more than anything, but I can't live my life locked away, I already did that. I'm sorry CC, but I have to do this." 

I was breathing heavily, tightly gripping the steering wheel. "Be careful, okay? I love you. Promise me that you'll come back." CC gave in. "I promise, but please don't tell Andy. Take good care of Tav. Thank you for everything, I love you too." I blew him a kiss and rolled up my window.

The gate slowly opened, I took a deep breath and pulled out. I didn't know exactly where Damon was, but I had an idea. I could have sworn I saw his younger sister Madi at the pier, so that's where I decided to go.

By now, the sun was high in the sky.  After about 45 minutes of anxiety, I pulled into a parking lot at the east end of the boardwalk, there was no one around. As I got out of the car, I could immediately sense the tension in the air. "Damon?" I called out. "It's Alex, I uh- I heard you wanted to talk?" 

I scanned the abandoned pier, a person emerged from a tattoo shop, it was him. "There she is! I knew your douche bag boyfriend would give in eventually." He smirked and embraced me in a non-threatening hug, it was actually kind of nice. "He didn't send me here, I came on my own." My voice was shaky because of how nervous I was.

"Finally broke out of the cage he had you locked in?" He laughed and I nodded with a small smile. "I guess you could say that." For once in my life, I didn't feel threatened or intimidated by Damon. 

"So why did you want to see me?" I broke the silence. "Come with me." He grabbed me by the wrist, I guess I spoke too soon. "No, where are you taking me?" He began to drag me down the pier towards the tattoo shop.

A/N: Okay wow it's been a while, how are you guys? I'm sorry I haven't updated, I didn't have my laptop over the summer, but I'm back! What do you think of this chapter? Btw, the next chapter is crazy!