6~ I See Her Everywhere

Her eyes.

They still melt me to this day. I've seen her a lot more since that night at the club last week.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking. A blind hope that if I talked to her. That maybe, Percy Weinberg, could woo her. That she could see the real me without her knowing its me.

But it was her eyes. Her eyes were what won me over. I looked into her gorgeous eyes and I knew, right then and there, that I could never love anybody else.That's why I never got married. That's why I go for shags instead of girlfriends. It's not like I didn't try to forget her, believe me, I did. But I knew it wasn't fair to Astoria, the girl that I was with, for me to not be with her completely. So, I left.

I never told her why. I never gave her closure. She left for a day with her mom, came back, and I was no where to be found. And I wasn't bothered by the fact that I left like that, but it did bother me that I wasn't bothered by it. Then, Draco Malfoy died. And she never got an answer.

I wish I wasn't consumed by my love. I wish I didn't see a piece of her in every girl that I take home. Like how touchable her skin is. Or how soft her hair looks. I see her everywhere. I see her in everyone. And that bothers me. But it also reminds me that I'm alive. That I didn't actually die when the world thought I did.

She's my anchor. And she doesn't even know it.

"You were in love, weren't you?" Last night's shag asks. I didn't even realize she was awake.

"Doesn't matter."

"You still are. Aren't you?" She says it as more of a statement than a question.

I roll over and look at her. She's pretty. Slim. Long hair. But what got me was her smile. It was just like Her's. "It doesn't matter. As far as she knows, I'm dead."

I freeze. I went too far. Shit.

"Why would she think that? Did you break her heart?"

"No," I answer simply.

"Fair enough." With that she gets up, wraps my cotton sheet around her, picks up her clothes and walks into my bathroom. When she emerges, dressed, she turns to walk out. But right before she gets out of my bedroom she says, "Tell her. You never know, she may have been harboring feelings for you too. Thanks for last night, Percy." She winks then says, "It was fun." Then she walks out.